Friday, February 1, 2013

Photo Dump!

Before I can actually write about some stuff I care about, I have a photo dump and some random tidbits to get on the blog.

The day of the closing, this huge, disgusting safe was still in the basement.  I had said to Carlos and our agent Adriano from day one that the safe needed to be out of the house--I would not sign papers if it was still there.  It is a monstrosity and easily weighs over a ton (confirmed by the owner).  We have nothing of value to put in the safe, and I knew that getting rid of it would be a pain in the neck. 

Well, the day before the closing, the movers went to the house to get the old lady's (seller's) stuff out.  Of course, they didn't have the proper equipment to move such a heavy item.  They asked for more time to remove the safe.  That was all fine and good, but I wasn't going to delay the closing even further and I also wasn't going to accept the safe as my problem.  Luckily, our lawyer set something up with $2500 of the seller's money in escrow so that we could close on time and, if they didn't get the safe out in 3 days, we'd keep the money to dispose of the safe.  I really didn't want to deal with the headache of having to move the safe, though...

Right before the walk-through I pulled up and saw the movers getting rid of the safe.  Thank God!  I thought the darn thing might actually be worth something--it's pretty old--and did some googling, but best I could tell it was only worth a few hundred bucks.  It cost the lady $2000 to move it out and up to New Hampshire where she's now living with her son!  Yikes!




 
 
 
Sebastian came home from daycare one day sticking out his tongue....now when you stick your tongue out at him, he sticks it out back...nice boy!









I wholeheartedly believe it's never too early to get your boys cooking and cleaning.  I gotta make them good husbands for someone!


Sebastian loves to sit on his chair.  Such a big boy!


Cleaning again and fighting over who gets to use the Swiffer!
 
 
 
My Adrian looks like a little old man in these pictures.  What a funny mouth/teeth he has!









Sebastian (and Adrian too) are both fascinated by hats.  Sebastian likes to put this drum on his head.




The day the movers came and put everything in the basement (more on that in another post), my Auntie Mimi and my Nana came over to help us watch the boys and to see the new house.  Nana got right down on the floor and played with the boys!  We were so impressed!  I love these pictures.  I just adore seeing her with the boys!







Adrian was sick a few days last week and the floors had just been sanded and finished--it stank in the house!  So, we made a trip to Ikea to have lunch and get out of the stench of polyurethane.  We had Swedish meatballs--he couldn't get enough!  And he was an angel walking around the store.  Sebastian was sick later that week and same story--I took him to Ikea.  Well, he didn't eat the Swedish meatballs, and he wasn't an angel.   :)



While we were doing the floors, the boys slept in the basement where the fumes wouldn't reach them.  They were actually fine here for the first night because the workers put plastic up to block the basement and kitchen off from the rest of the house.  It was pretty effective at keeping the dust and fumes out.  However, after putting the second coat of polyurethane on the floors, they took down the plastic.  The fumes were awful--pervasive even in the basement.  So we had to spend 2 nights sleeping at my dad's condo in Bridgewater.  The boys--bless their hearts--were wonderful even though they slept in pack and plays.  They were troopers. They slept very well in the basement as well.


Sebastian can't get enough of Lexi these days.  The two of them are quite the team...







Adrian wears his hat just like his dad--on the top of his head.  I had put it on right and he pulled it up on his head.  He looks so funny in these pictures!





Sebastian at breakfast--staring at his brother in the funny hat.







No comments: