Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekend Fun

I'm a week behind on posting!  Last weekend was great!  Our NICU nurses came to visit Saturday night.   This was our third attempt at getting together because we had a snowstorm in February and had to postpone, and then both Marcy and Juju got the flu.  Finally the stars aligned!  Saturday morning, Carlos took the boys to Music Together class with my mother, which was awesome because it meant I didn't have to go.  I hate that class and staying home allowed me to do some housework and also get ready for the evening with the nurses.

We had some fun in the morning waiting for Marcy and Juju.





It was so nice to see Marcy and Juju again, and the boys took to them instantaneously.  Of course, they have met Marcy and Juju before, but the last time they saw them was last August, and they were still too little at that point to really remember anyone long term.  I've talked to them a little bit about who Marcy and Juju are, and they know that the nurses took care of them when they were babies, although I don't think they get what that really means.  Anyway, they randomly ask for Marcy and Juju and before the visit they kept saying that they were going to sing and dance for Marcy and Juju or "show 'em" their toys.  When the nurses arrived, they got right down to playing and flirting with them; there was no warm-up period or need to check them out.  It was strange--in a good way--and I was so glad that they seemed to just intuitively understand how much Carlos and I love these ladies.  Sunday morning, the boys woke up and Adrian immediately asked for Marcy and Juju and Sebastian called them on his pretend phone.  It was cute.

Sunday we had a morning play date with another set of boy/boy twins.  The mother works with Carlos at Meditech and they are only 3 or 4 days older than my boys.  We went to the sheep pasture in Easton to see the animals and then to the playground.  It was great because they have every bit as much energy as my boys.  It was hard to keep them all going in the same direction, but was a lot of fun.  My boys like those boys as much as 28 month old twins can like other kids.  We had a blast.








Sunday afternoon, Carlos took the boys to Mini's house to play and I stayed home to finish our 2 Square Foot Gardens.  Carlos built the frames and then I laid the landscape fabric, newspaper, soil, grid, and then planted the seets and put the plastic "greenhouse" over the gardens.  We'll see.  I hope I'm able to grow something!  I planted broccoli, cauliflower, and parsley from seedlings (not sure how they will do--they were leggy to start and I never hardened them off because I had pretty much given up on them since they were short light in the house) and kale, spinach, chard, and a lot of varieties of lettuce from seed.







Fingers crossed!

Finally, here are some random shots of the boys.

Note the McQueen rain boots...




Helping Papa fix the wobbly chair






Mad Faces

No comments: