Friday, July 10, 2015

Capron Zoo

 Yesterday was a gorgeous day--sunny but not to hot or humid.  So I took the boys to the Capron Park Zoo in Attleboro.  It was our first time there.  It was a good little trip.  It cost $18 for all of us without any discounts (I forgot to ask about AAA or a teacher discount--too bad.).  I'm not in any rush to go back because the boys didn't take full advantage.  Adi was petrified at first to get out.  Since last year he is afraid of animals...not sure why!  He eventually got over it, but there were certain exhibits he just wouldn't go near because he was scared.

There is a nice playground outside of the zoo which is free.  It was very crowded, though.  A summer camp came and, for all intents and purposes, took it over just after we left.  Good timing getting out of there on our part!







There is a splash pad at the exit of the zoo.  The boys enjoyed it for about a half hour without too many other kids ruining the experience.  I wish that every town had a few of these.  So much cheaper, I'd imagine, than running a town pool, but so much fun for kids!










The zoo had 3 lions.  The boys enjoyed seeing them.



 But their favorite were these monkeys.  This monkey wanted to make friends with the boys.  It kept coming over and pressing itself against the glass.  The boys were DELIGHTED, to say the least!






 It took me a while to get them out of this darn truck.  At the zoo and all they wanted to do was "drive" the truck!



Adi was afraid of the kangaroos.

So, overall a good experience.  But I think I'll hold off on going to more zoos until Adi gets over his irrational fear of animals.  I never know which ones he'll like and which ones he'll be scared of!

After the zoo, neither boy napped.  :-(  Actually, Sebastian slept for 10 minutes in the car on the way home, but it was enough to screw up his afternoon nap.  Oh well.  Papa was working from home, so after he was done around 3:30, we went to do errands.  I bought some extra towels for when the in-laws are here at Ocean State.  Then we took the boys to the playground at Moreau Hall school nearby.  Then we went to BJs.  Busy day.  The boys were champs.  And Sebastian continues to be accident free!  (Knock on wood!)

It's also great that they play for longer and longer periods of time by themselves.  Right now, for example, they are playing trains together and I'm blogging.  This is a first for me!!!  I still can't really leave the room for longer than a minute and I have to intervene from time to time when they fight over toys.  But this is life-changing!!!  Yesterday it was so cute.  They played for a loooong time creating all sorts of pretend scenarios: Toby the train not drinking enough "agua", Percy pulling the mail, Gordon pulling coaches--there were all sorts of funny story lines going on.  They have good imaginations and I'm so glad!!

They haven't said too many funny things lately, but I do like how Adi soemtimes turns to me and says, "Mama, you're my best friend!"  It MELTS. MY. HEART.  I hope he'll always say that to me.

No comments: