Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy 4th of July, 2015!

Hard to find the time to update the blog...even though I'm on vacation, I am trying to prep a lot of letters for work so that the fall won't be as miserable as it normally is.  I'm already behind the schedule I *need* to keep to maintain what little sanity I have left.  :-(  Boo.

The boys are entertaining themselves more and more.  It's a great milestone and a true gift.  I love playing with them, but it's nice to just sit back and read while they play together.  Or fold laundry.  Or cook.  Or whatever!

Here they are sitting in their "airplane" while I cook lunch.  Too funny.












Papa wanted to paint Friday--he had the day off so we were all home.  So in the afternoon I took the boys to the playground.  They had fun climbing on this bench and just sitting next to each other.  They wouldn't let Mama come near them.  



We cruised the neighborhood in the F-150.  Adi wanted to ride with Sebastian.










I chose the color--Revere Pewter--and Carlos painted.  He just has to finish the edges and do another coat...looks good so much bette already, though!  Now, to change that awful light fixture...



Yesterday on the 4th, we went to the Bridgewater parade and then to Mini's to swim and eat.  The boys are like fish, and they are eagerly awaiting their swim lessons with Miss Kim this Tuesday.  I am excited for them to learn!









 Adi found the parade to be very loud... ;-)


 Have to include all of these group shots because we couldn't get one where we all looked at the camera!







We opted not to do fireworks.  Boys hadn't napped and we were pooped.  Carlos painted the kitchen and I went across the street to the neighbors' house to drink a few beers.  I've said it before, but WOW how nice to have neighbors that you get along with.  And the 30-second walk home after was awesome!

Oh!  Sebastian is potty trained!!!  It took 2 days.  :-)  He still is wearing a diaper at night, but he's all done during the day.  He even made it through the parade on the 4th dry (more than 2 hours without the potty by the time all was said and done).  Yeah, Sebastian!  So proud of him.
Happy 4th!

No comments: