Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Farm, Cookies, and Water Guns


I love these guys so much.  Their personalities are showing...it's not always pretty.  They sure can whine and have a tantrum still.  But they are getting better.  I love talking to them because they finally can have a conversation with me.  Adi loves to help.  Sebastian just loves to play with his toys.



Pictures of "the farm."  Almost everything is growing well so far!!!  (My rosemary plant from last season looks mostly dead, and my lemon balm and strawberry plant in the strawberry planter also seem to be dying...not sure why.)  What a difference from the shady beds I have behind the house!  I've had radishes and am now harvesting basil, parsley, cilantro, dill, sage, spearmint, lavender, kale, garlic, onions, chard, and spinach.  There's also tons of lettuce ready to be collected and a few strawberries on my alpine plant.  I actually have cukes that are ready!!!  (seems early...)  The beets are almost ready, as are the carrots.  And the hot peppers are coming along nicely.  I'm most curious about whether or not I'll have tomatoes since I started all the plants from seed.  I've been pruning them, but who knows if I'm actually doing it right.



Everything looks much bigger now than in the pictures.  I took these 2 weeks ago, but what a difference two JUNE weeks make!  The beds are almost overrun now with the veggies.







A gift from one of my students...homemade by her aunt.  They taste good, too!


A little water gun action in the back yard...









No comments: