Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Where Did October Go??

Thankfully, things have settled down a bit in the past two weeks or so.  It's still been busy with work and other things, but once we MADE A DECISION to put the condo on the market and move in with my mom, things got better.  The limbo of trying to make up our minds what to do was horrible!

The condo went on the market Wednesday, October 10.  We had showings all that week and an open house the following Sunday that was attended by nine parties.  Last week, we had a handful of showings and another open house this past Sunday that was also well attended (by about 10 parties).  We've had two second showings, but no offers.  BUMMER!!  The comments have been mostly good--the main complaint is the parking issue.  Honestly, it's a great condo and someone will get a great deal.  I loved the layout.  We used every inch of space there these last few months.  I felt good using the square footage and not having wasted space.

Carlos and I looked at houses in Easton last weekend.  The two houses in Bridgewater that we wanted to see sold right out from under us.  In fact, we already had a showing set up for one of them when their broker called ours to tell him they had an accepted offer and didn't want to show the house anymore.  I absolutely loved one of the houses we saw in Easton.  It was in a quiet, established neighborhood off 138, about 5 minutes from route 24.  The houses were adorable and it was the perfect place for the boys to ride bikes and play as they get older.  The house is a 1960s ranch which has great bones and seems to be in good shape except for a need to update it cosmetically--exactly the kind of project I wanted.  It's over 2000 square feet because the basement is furnished (although again, it needs some updating) and has all the spaces I want: a big kitchen, a living room with fire place, a spacious master bedroom (but no master bath or walk in closet like Carlos wants) and the yard is awesome.  It even has a screened in porch.  The basement would be perfect for a big TV and bar to watch football...But Carlos isn't sold on it.  I am trying my best to convince him, but I'm not sure I'll win this battle.  Still, I got a great feeling when I walked in the place...I think it's SUPPOSED to be ours!  The other 3 houses we saw were awful.  You couldn't have paid me to buy 2 of them and the 3rd was a refurbished ranch that wasn't half as big as the one I loved.

The boys love being around Mugie (my mom).  I hope she's enjoying being around them, even though she now sees their fussy, moody, hungry sides more often!

The new daycare is ok.  I miss the old one and the teachers there.  I need to go visit!  We are still waiting for then to contact us about the pictures they took on picture day right before they left.  That will give us an excuse to visit I guess.

That's all for now!




Their first bath together in the tub!


Turns out these boys love Cape Cod pizza!


Lexi with her BFF Adrian









No comments: