Sunday, October 28, 2012

Waiting for Sandy...

No school tomorrow thanks to Sandy's anticipated arrival!!!  Too bad we have a ton of work to do in the office because of November 1 Early Action deadlines...I JUST found out minutes ago that I have another letter I need to write for November 1st...someone who changed his mind and decided to apply early at the last minute.  Of course the folders I need to write the letter are at school...I will have to do it when I get back (or next weekend...many schools are extending their Nov 1 deadlines because of the impending storm).

So, while we still have power I figured I'd catch up on my blogging.

The boys have been enjoying their wagon rides around the yard lately.  Whenever Mugie has yardwork to do, we all go out and help her.  The boys absolutely love it...they are quiet for however long I put them in there.  It's so nice!








Last Wednesday, the boys turned 11 months old.  We missed our monthly photo shoot for 10 months because of the craziness of trying to decide whether or not to move.  We didn't want to miss the photos this month.  We decided an outdoor photo shoot was in order.  The boys didn't want to look at the camera and their hair was a mess.  So these aren't my favorite photos.  But it is what it is--better than nothing!  Warning:  there's a million of them...


Adrian decided that leaves don't taste that great.


Sebastian

Adrian



















Saturday morning Carlos and I took the boys to Stonebridge Cafe in Brockton/Easton for breakfast.  They behaved better than they ever have before, mainly because we sat near the kitchen where there was lots of activity and Sebastian could eye the waitresses.  He was fascinated with one in particular.  Adrian--who always flirted with the girls before--now couldn't care less.  (They flip-flop on a lot of things.  For example, Sebastian used to be the best eater ever.  He'd eat anything you put in front of him.  Not anymore!  Now it's Adrian who eats with gusto!)




Showing off his two teeth





After breakfast we dropped my car off to Maaco.  I was rear-ended on my way to work two weeks ago.  There is no visible damage to the car, but the bumper needs to be replaced.  Once the car was at the garage, we went to Watertown so that I could put stuff that was on the porch away in preparation for Sandy.  I cleaned some more out of the fridge (mainly the apples we picked last month).  Then, I marveled at how GOOD the condo looks without all our crap in it.  I am so disappointed we haven't had an offer yet.  It IS a good place to live.  I loved that condo.

On the way home from Watertown, we stopped at Babies 'R Us to buy diapers and baby food.  I had a shopping cart FULL of stuff for the boys and was checking out when Carlos came running over to me babbling about some race that the boy were going to be in.  I didn't have any idea what he was talking about, but apparently Huggies was sponsoring a crawling race and he wanted the boys to participate.  I just wanted out of the store!  Anyway, we lined the boys up on the starting line--there were 2 other babies there--and waited for them to blow the other kids out of the water.  After all, these guys can crawl!  Unfortunately, they decided not to cooperate.  They were so interested in the movement and activity around them that they didn't move at all!  A scoocher who couldn't even crawl beat them!  It was actually embarrassing, but oh well.  They walked away with 2 $5 Babies 'R Us gift cards so that was nice.
This is as far as Adrian crawled.  Sebastian didn't move AT ALL.



That's the scoocher!


Sunday we woke up early to get to Target right at 8am when it opened (we're up at 5am because of the boys anyway...).  We needed dog food, cereal, and milk before the storm.

Then we went home and played until it was time to go to Derby Street in Hingham for a Trick or Treat Parade.  As soon as we got there it started to rain, which kind of sucked.  The boys didn't know what to make of it all and since they were too young to actually trick or treat and ask for candy, we didn't make out with a lot of sweet stuff.  Only one lady was nice enough to offer mom and dad some chocolate!  But what a nice event for the boys when they get bigger!  We'll come next year!

The boys wore their jalapeno costumes, but with the belt of the stroller, you couldn't see the outline of their sweatshirts.  I'll have to take more pictures later with them standing.

Sebastian got the red pepper because of his fiery temper!





 That's it for now.  I have to charge my computer before we lose power!! (Hopefully we won't lose it at all...)





1 comment:

Jonah and Aja said...

Laughing so hard about the baby race. Perfect.

Hope the storm is tiny and nothing to fret about.

Loved the costumes! What about a photo of yours and Carlos's?
-aja