Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hello from Bridgewater

Well, we did it--we pulled the kids out of daycare, moved to Bridgewater, put them in a new daycare, and put the condo on the market...it's been a crazy ride!

Carlos and I finally decided we had to just pull the trigger and do this.  We were/are petrified, but we knew we needed to get out of the condo.  After speaking to our agent Adriano, we decided the time to sell that condo is NOW.  There isn't much else like it on the market in Watertown right now, but there will likely be in the spring, which would mean we'd probably get less for it.  And with the boys constantly sick and the winter looming, moving to Bridgewater with my mom seemed to be the answer.

So...last weekend (THANK GOD for Columbus Day!) we moved for three straight days.  Saturday, we packed up everything we'd need for ourselves and the boys and transported it in the UHaul to Bridgewater.  I think I went up and down those condo stairs 100 times, and I was EXHAUSTED.  Then, because we were waiting for landscapers to come and make the outside of the condo look nice, Carlos waited in Watertown and I went to Bridgewater to unload the UHaul.  So I had more heavy lifting to do.  Gross.  After a full day of work, there were bags and boxes all over my mother's house, but the boys' room was set up and we were all able to sleep.  That first night the boys did ok...Sebastian woke at 2am and screamed for over an hour until we gave him Advil.  That seemed to do the trick--he had an upper tooth coming in, so maybe that was why? They've slept better since that first night, but they still keep waking at like 5am every morning.  It's just too early!!!  The worst part is, the wake up time seems to be getting earlier and earlier every day/night.  Once I'm sure they are healthy again, it's back to sleep training to hopefully solve those early-morning wake ups!

Saturday, we went to the condo bright and early and left the boys with my mother.  We packed up everything that was extra in the condo so that we could stage the place and loaded up the UHaul once again.  So we took stuff off walls, thinned out knick-knacks, took all the crap out of the kitchen, cleaned windows, rolled up area rugs that we'd just bought to make the lady downstairs happy...it took us all day.

Sunday, we left for Watertown once again, this time with Sebastian in tow.  We thought he still had his ear infection, despite the fact they had put him on augmentin, an antibiotic stronger than amoxicillin.  Back to the pediatrician we went...This time we got good news.  His ears had cleared up.  The fussiness around eating and the bad poops he were having seemed to be a side effect of the medication. Yeah!!!

So we went off to Methuen with Sebastian to see nana and drop off the condo crap at her house.  It's so nice that she has the top floor of her house empty.  She's saving us hundreds on storage units, and I'm extremely grateful.  Thank you, Nana!!!!!!  Nana was so excited to see Sebastian!!!  She gave him a spatula and tupperware to play with (his favorite thing!) and he was as content as could be.  We unloaded quickly with the help of my dad (Thanks Dad!!!) and then Nana made us lunch.  We had soup and yummy sandwiches and rice pudding and then hit the road again.

Sebastian was very good and behaved at the condo so that I could get some work done.  (He hung out in his high chair.)  But around 3:30 he was done so we left Carlos to finish up the work at the condo.  It had to be ready for Tuesday so that the agent could bring in his photographer.  There was still a lot of cleaning to do...

This link won't work after the condo is sold (I imagine), but for now, check this out!  They did a nice job!
http://blog.adrianovarano.com/search-properties/?listingid=71445519&agentid=BB805791

The nursery, after removing the cribs and exchanging them with the bed at my mom's house where they are now sleeping.  Kind of a weird room, but whatever.  We wanted to stage it so it is functional.

A sucky blurry picture of the bathroom.  Sorry.

Master bedroom

Kitchen IN PROGRESS.  Still not done...

Tuesday, the condo was ready for the photographer thanks to Carlos's late night.  The condo officially went on the market on Wednesday and we had 4 showings scheduled for the first two days.  Not bad.  Actually, there's a guy who's already had a second showing and he wants to put in an offer--but he has asked to meet the lady downstairs first.  I actually think it's a great idea.  I think the two of them will hit it off and end up married someday.  Then she'll own the whole building like she wants!  Anyway, we'll see what happens...

Friday, I was working from home writing letters when the daycare called around 10am.  Adrian was sick.  Geez.  So I went to get him.  My mom watched him so that I could continue writing these damn recommendation letters.  Then, around 2pm, I got a call from the daycare again...Sebastian had a fever as well.  We can't catch a break.  So my work day ended a tad early and I didn't get as much done as I needed to.

The new daycare is ok.  It's busier than our old one and they don't have the same personalized touches. We miss our old teachers and Sonia the owner.  It was a great place.  We are still warming up to the teachers at this new center.  The nice thing is that food is included at the new daycare.  So there is a weekly menu and they get a sampling of lots of different things.  Last week they had fish sticks and waffles among other things.  I LOVE it.

We also had to say goodbye to our Early Intervention lady Anita.  This made me sad too because she's been with us from the beginning.  She was good with the boys and they really liked her.  She's transferred our info to the Brockton EI which also covers Bridgewater so we'll be assigned a new person by the end of this week.  I hope we like him/her.

While at my mother's house this past week, the boys had their first tub baths together.  They had a great time splashing around and making a mess.

Sebastian has 4 teeth--two on the top and two on the bottom.  Adrian has two teeth on the bottom only.

Here are some random pictures.  Sorry about how terribly written this blog post is.  I'm writing so much these days for work that I have almost no desire to write for the blog--even though there is so much I want to write about.  I'm usually just too tired.  (I was also sick this past week--yuck!)

Sebastian with Papi

Sebastian

Adrian

Adrian

Adrian diving for a catch--TOUCHDOWN!


My chunky monkey

Waiting for their old school to open

gnawing on some celery at Mugie's

Adrian




He LOVES that measuring cup!

A short cat nap on the floor--he didn't make it to the crib

Out for a walk.  They look so pissed off!










No comments: