Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Final member of the family is home...

The world's worst dog (no it's not actually Marley from Marley and Me! It's Lexi!) is home.  So finally the family is complete under one roof.  My mom was graciously taking care of her for us while I was on bed rest and then while we were getting used to life with the boys.

She's mostly been amazingly good, although she irritates the hell out of me by the end of the day alone with her and the boys.  But honestly, she protects them, checks on them from time to time, sniffs them to make sure they are ok, and pretty much leaves them alone.  She has a mothering instinct with them, and she goes with me to check on them while they are napping.  But she was a real pain in the neck this morning when the woman from Early Intervention came to play with the boys.  She wanted to be on the mat playing with the boys' toys with them....Other than that, though, I'm pleased with how good she's actually been.

Supervising while dad feeds the boys.  Good thing she's there to make sure he does it right!

Just hanging out--which is what she does most of the day

Out on a walk with Lexi and Dad....caught a huuuuuge yawn from Adrian!


Standing guard.




Other than Lexi coming home, not much else is new.  Adrian definitely likes looking at Sebastian these days.  And he thinks Lexi is funny--he must wonder who the wooly monster who likes to lick his face is!  (I don't let her get near their heads or lick them on the face, but somehow she still manages to sneak a lick every now and then!)  Sebastian "talks" up a storm (well, not talks, but loves to make all sorts of noises at you when you talk to him).  Sebastian also is getting pretty good at grabbing things.  And they continue to get better with head control and lifting their heads up.

As for the sleeping, Adrian is STILL fighting sleeping through the night.  Yet, he definitely doesn't need to eat.  I can recognize his cries now.  I know when he's hungry.  His 3AM/4AM cry is "mmmmaaaahhhhhh," which is his "Give me attention and give it to me now" cry.  He's getting better, but still wakes up in the early morning and cries from anywhere from 10-45 minutes.  Other nights, he sleeps through.  I moved him to the nursery instead of the co-sleeper by our bed because I was too worried about the neighbor downstairs.  She's been very patient with us and with the boys' crying while we work on this.  But I'm not sure how much longer Adrian will cry and I hate to put her through it.  So I've been sleeping on the air mattress in the nursery for the past few nights.  I need to move back to the bedroom, but I was nervous about leaving him for the first few nights.  The mattress is elevated for his reflux, and he manages to turn himself completely upside down (so his FEET are elevated) sometimes.  And he's been playing Houdini lately with his swaddle/sleep sack which also makes me nervous.  If I don't watch him, he somehow ends up with the sack almost up over his nose.  Anyway, I'm hoping he'll get over wanting to be held at 4AM soon...

Finally, for those of you in Final Committee at Harvard.  What a week to be locked in that room!  I'm so sorry!  I'm thinking of you all as I take the boys out for walks...Here are some pictures to look at while you are in that awful room...Give my love to everyone!!!

From the angle I took these, the boys look like aliens... 



Alien Adrian
Alien Sebastian

Look at the tuft of hair that sticks up on the top of his head...

The tuft again.  Couldn't get it to stay down!

Sebastian


"Sometimes I giggle so much when I'm eating, that I actually forget to eat!!!"



Adrian almost always falls asleep when I'm trying to feed him.  GRR!


Sebastian

Adrian

Messing around with the iPhone camera before bedtime




Whoops...Sebastian is cross eyed...






1 comment:

Jonah and Aja said...

They are getting more and more handsome by the minute! So cute! Good job on enjoying it all... before you know it, they will be toddlers!