Friday, February 15, 2013

Time to Teach Myself Some Stuff...

I recently sat down and brainstormed about things I'd like to learn how to do and/or do. Time gets away from me, especially with the boys around, because I don't have clear goals or a clear idea of what I want to accomplish and when I want to work towards it. I thought I might tackle a different project every month. It seems a bit ambitious...especially at certain times of the year (like fall, when work is busy and I work at home in the evening when the boys are in bed), but I thought I'd try to lay something out. I haven't determined what project I'll start with yet, but I'm thinking about it. Here's my list of stuff I want to do/learn more about in no particular order of preference. --photography with an DSLR camera (or at least the nice Nikon that I already have) --blogging: design, HTML, features, domains, maintenance, searchability, etc. --drawing --knitting/crocheting --economics in general, investing, stock market --financial planning (college savings in particular, but also wills and health proxy stuff) --furniture refurbishing/reupholstering --gardening (herbs and vegetables) --scrapbooking --running --road biking/mountain biking --geocaching --crewel and cross stitch --read or reread books that are series (Little House on the Prairie, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones) --photoshop (not just photo editing but also designing digital art/graphics things) --iMovie --tax preparation (side job? I know more about taxes than the average person from financial aid...) --couponing --organization --budgeting --business plans (for salsa biz!) --parenting in general --freezer cooking --proofreading/editing --sewing --selling on eBay and Craigslist --mid-century/vintage furniture, decoration, etc. --Google+ and Twitter

1 comment:

Jonah and Aja said...

You are so cool. I love the varied list.

Hurry and do as much as you can before the boys turn two!