Wednesday, February 27, 2013

MIA

I went missing in action thanks to Downton Abbey. I haven't watched a TV series like that--with so much damn enthusiasm--since LOST was on TV. I was so addicted to Downton that all I wanted to do was watch the show after the boys were in bed. I got no housework or anything else done in the 2 weeks that it took me to watch all three seasons. I think I won't make that mistake again and get myself into a new TV series. I won't ever unpack our boxes or get any house projects completed! But it was nice to have a TV show that I was into again...I can't wait until Season 4!

 We've actually made a fair amount of progress on the house front. We bought a snow blower (we'll be selling our older, smaller one once we get it out of storage at my Nana's), a new living room set (thanks to my mother-in-law who gave us money to buy one as a house warming gift), a book case for the playroom/basement, and living room accessories. But there's still so much more to buy...living room rug, sofa for basement TV area, patio furniture. And we want to build a bar in the basement as soon as possible, take down the rotten tree in the front yard, paint, and seal the chimney and add a cap.

 It's so so hard to do anything these days with the cost of daycare...it's the majority of my salary every month. I really do need to bring in some extra income. I am thinking hard about what I can do from home to bring in some extra cash each month. I have photos to put up on the blog, but I keep getting an error every time I try to upload them. I don't know what's up. I hope it was just a fluke and it will work tonight when I try to post them! Frustrating!

No comments: