Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Are you KIDDING me?

Well, our fears came true: it got worse before it got better with the boys.  Last Friday, Adrian got sick with the same virus Sebastian had.  So he started with the same symptoms almost exactly a week after Sebastian had started with the bad diarrhea and low-grade fever.

Carlos and I were hopeful that it would be milder than Sebastian's case...Adrian never had the same frequency of diarrhea as Sebastian, but it was still almost as problematic.  He seemed very uncomfortable when he was pooping, and there was one moment that left me completely and utterly stumped--I still can't figure out how it was possible for him to get poop in the places he got it.

Anyway, enough of the gross details.  Suffice it to say, the past 2 weeks have NOT been fun or easy, especially with Carlos trying to study and teach himself to do a demo on October 2 and me starting a new job.  Carlos was a good sport, though, and graciously took the time off from work so I didn't have to.  My mom came up on Monday to watch Adrian so Carlos could go to work, and then Carlos took Tuesday off.  Today is Wednesday and both boys made it through the day at daycare.  I have all my fingers and toes crossed (along with my legs and arms and eyes) that they can do a few weeks without any illnesses!

And now some pictures and updates on milestones!
At daycare--out for a walk with the rest of the class!
Sebastian wrinkles his nose a lot lately.

Both boys are now pulling themselves up with help, and in some cases without help.  We had to lower the crib mattresses last weekend.  I was changing Adrian and noticed movement out of the corner of my eye.  I looked over and Sebastian had pulled himself up with the crib rails and was teetering on the top rail.  We IMMEDIATELY lowered the mattresses...Also, just today I noticed that Sebastian can all of a sudden go from on his tummy to crawling to sitting in a fluid motion.  He doesn't struggle to get from any one of those positions into another.  It happened all of a sudden!!  I haven't seen Adrian put himself into the sitting position, but I'm sure he will soon.  He's always liked crawling more than sitting!

I love their bed heads and their PJs

I could eat Sebastian up.

And I'd eat Adrian for dessert!


I've finally joined in the Instagram fun!  Love it!!  Although, they don't make great Blog photos when you blow them up this big...




Last Saturday, we thought Adrian was doing good enough to take him down the Cape to Michelle's house.  Or perhaps I should say we were naive enough to think he wouldn't get as sick as Sebastian.  We had to make a stop on the way down to change Adrian, and it only got worse as the day went on.  Poor Michelle and Jeff were good sports!  Sebastian loved this doll baby carriage!  Also, his pants bust open because of his little Buddha belly.  We just left them like that...

Adrian loved playing with Luke and Abby's toys!
 After lunch, we went down to the beach for a bit.  It's only a few blocks from Michelle's lovely house. It was a beautiful day!  We didn't put the boys IN the water, but they enjoyed the swing set with Carlos and loved touching the sand.

Adrian channeling James Dean


See?  There's the crinkled nose again!




 And finally, random shots from the past week or so.




I thought this was so hysterical when it happened.  Sebastian literally sat down on top of Adrian,  who didn't "complain" about supporting the weight of his brother.  He never complains about anything.

Adrian pulled himself up using the couch.

Sebastian pulled himself up in the crib.


No comments: