Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Trip to See Great Nana (a.k.a. Nana Banana)

We had a wonderful day with my nana today.  I LOVE taking the boys to visit her.

We started off the morning with an early breakfast at Panera.  We took a drive through Stonehill College on the way home because I hadn't been on the campus since I was in high school and I sometimes recommend it to Milton students when I'm doing college lists.  I thought I should get a refresher in terms of what the campus looks like!  It's quite nice--I was really pleasantly surprised.  We played until 9AM and then took off for Methuen.  The boys slept peacefully the whole hour ride to Nana's house.  When we arrived, she had toys waiting: a zoo and a car wash from some neighbors who gave them to her, a huuuuge Elmo doll, and a push lawn mower.  Of course, all the toys were a hit, but especially the lawn mower!  The boys kept fighting over who got to use it!



The boys ran around the kitchen, and then we went for a walk.  Nana was eager to show off her great grandsons to her neighbors!  Too bad these pictures aren't the greatest--the boys would NOT look at me!




After our walk, Tia Mimi and Lucas stopped by on their way to Greek Easter.  Lovely to see them, as always!  Then we had lunch.  By then the boys were pretty tired and they didn't eat that well.  It's crazy because nana made them fish sticks--their favorite.  Too much stimulation maybe??  Anyway, after lunch we hit the road so the boys could nap on the way home.  Unfortunately, Sebastian only slept a half hour and Adrian didn't sleep at all!!?  Oops.

When we got home, my mom came over.  We played in the back yard.






The boys worked up an appetite playing outside and some more inside so we ate dinner.




After dinner,  the boys were tired and went to bed at 6:30.  Then I went outside and weeded nearly the whole yard.  (I actually took these pre-weeding.)  We need to order and spread mulch, and there are lots of improvements I would like to make, including planting some azaleas, tulips and daffodils, and mums (when the time is appropriate for each thing).






This will be a pretty hydrangea when it blooms, I think.  It was given to the previous owner by her mother.  So we have to take good care of it!

So, weeding was a good thing done.  I just took a shower and feel relaxed and sleepy!  Almost time for bed!  I love weekends that are productive, but it's even better if they are productive AND fun!

No comments: