Thursday, May 30, 2013

18-Month Check Up

On May 25, the boys turned 18 months.  That was a huge milestone for me.  Today, they had their routine check up.  Eighteen months is great--NO SHOTS!  :)  And, we don't have to go back until they turn 2!  It sounds silly, but the fact we are now off the 3-month well-visit schedule sort of hit home for me that the boys aren't infants anymore.  It makes me relieved and so incredibly nostalgic and sad at the same time.

Because I went right from work to the daycare to pick the boys up, I didn't have the diaper bag.  Poor planning on my part!  I had no diapers, so I crossed my fingers they wouldn't poop!  And since it was 90+ degrees out today and they were due for a snack while at the pediatrician, I stopped at Honey Dew Donuts to buy 2 bottles of whole milk and some donut holes.  It was the first time the boys have ever had their hands on donuts.  I've resisted junk food for the most part!  But anyway, I needed something and there's a Honey Dew right across from the pediatrician.  We headed to the office for the check up, and I hid the donut holes in case I needed them later!

The boys are great.  The doctor is happy with their growth and development.  They fist bumped him, and after a few minutes of crying (probably because of bad associations with the doctor's office--they have been there so often for sick visits), they played with each other.  That was great so he could see how they interact.  We headed home and the boys devoured their donut holes and sucked down their cold milk...

I'd say the donut holes were a hit?!

Note Sebastian in the background stuffing his face

MMMMMM....CHOCOLATE!


Turns out they like cinnamon, plain, blueberry, and chocolate, but NOT powdered!!!  :)  Even Lexi was leery of the powder at first...but not for long!

During dinner, we played with Adrian's hair...boy is it long!


The boys are now asleep peacefully in their bedroom with the A/C on and their new ceiling fan circulating the air.  Thank God the electrician came last weekend and fixed the plug and installed the fan.  It's so warm out!! But it's nice to have a taste of summer, finally!  Carlos and I cooked hot dogs on the grill and ate outside on the screened-in porch after the boys were in bed.  There's nothing like a cold beer after a long day at work, and I enjoy it even more now that I'm in my own house and out of that condo!!  I'm so glad we found this place--I love it!!!


No comments: