Monday, June 3, 2013

House Pictures from the Real Estate Listing

There AREN'T many house updates to report on, but I thought it would be fun to post some pictures from the real estate listing!  You'll see the previous owner's furniture and the way she had things set up.  I need to take some updated photos of the house, but really, we haven't been able to make that many changes since moving in.  We've done some big (and expensive things) that you wouldn't really notice:  sand and refinished the floors, cut down the half-dead tree in the front yard, spread mulch, ground down all the tree stumps in the lawn, seeded the bare spots left by the tree stump, changed the light fixtures and installed ceiling fans (pictures to follow below)...but we still have to paint nearly every surface in the house.  I'm happy to not jump into things too soon, though, because I want to make sure we really think about our choices.  I don't want to have to paint rooms two times because I rushed into choosing the color.

So, without further ado, here are the pictures from the house listing!  Someday, I'll post before and after photos side by side!














Here is the new lighting in the house--so far.  We still have to update the kitchen and bathroom fixtures as well as the basement.




I'm NOT in love with the two fixtures in this room, but I was gone when Carlos had the electrician put them up.  Oh well.  For now they have to stay.  We are also going to rearrange this room--probably similar to how the lady had it set up, except that we only have one couch and an arm chair...I think we'll go with the couch under the window and the armchair where the couch currently is. We'll need more furniture eventually (another slimmer-profile chair for by the fire where the armchair currently is?).


There's so much more to do that it is exciting--I love the thought of all the projects.  BUT, I hate the thought of all the money!  We still want to add a lot of bushes and flowers to the front yard, too.  It's landscaped, but it's pretty boring and lacks annuals to give it color.

So. Much. To. Do.

No comments: