Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day! A Day at the Beach!

Today was a great day.  This was a great weekend.  I dislike Sunday evenings, but they are bearable when I feel like we've made the most of our time together during the weekend.  This morning, we ran some errands (groceries, mainly) and then came home and packed and prepared for the day at the beach.  The boys played hard with their new toys while I worked hard getting everything together.






Adrian was supposed to have the yellow crocs because they go better with his bathing suit, but he wouldn't put them on!!  Sebastian didn't mind them, so Adrian got the water shoes instead.

The boys were happy to see my dad! (They always are!)  I love these shots of my dad with the boys.  I have to post them all because I love them all.  I'm also paranoid lately that my 6-year-old Mac is going to die any day and I'll lose all the photos I haven't saved on the blog...





Those are keepers, Dad!!!  :)

Carlos's big plan was to put together the gas grill we bought for my dad for this birthday.  So, unfortunately, he didn't get to enjoy the boys at the beach with us.

Adrian, with his hat over his eyes--as usual.
 Adrian loved the beach from the first second.  He took off running.  Sebastian saw the broad expanse of water and waves and cried.  He was fussy and upset and didn't want to go near the water for the first 5 minutes or so.  I basically dragged him out into the water in my arms (he didn't even like that!).  Then, I put him down next to Adrian, and all of a sudden he was ok.  The two of them stomped in the water and splashed each other, and then Sebastian was fine.  He still didn't love the water as much as Adrian, and we couldn't take him out more than 2 inches deep (even holding him!), but at least it was progress.





Sebastian






After the beach, the boys had a quick "cowboy" bath just to get the sand off them.  They put on clean clothes and had some "cra-ca" for a snack.






 Sebastian and I took a trip upstairs so he could ride the rocking horse that my grandfather made for me when I was little.  It was the first time he'd been on one...I was so glad to see him enjoying it.  It was a special few minutes with my grandfather and my son.  He would have LOVED spending time with these boys...








 After he rode the horse, he pet it


and then grabbed the horse's ears!


 And then he pet the snout.  He loves horses lately!

We ate steak and hot dogs, cooked on the new grill, but it was absolute chaos.  The boys were making trouble out on the porch with beach toys, which now that I think about it, I think we left all over the porch in our hurry to get them in the car and napping.  Oops.  Sorry, Dad!!!  :(  They simply can't resist the urge to touch everything, use anything they can get their hands on to hit something else, climb, etc.  It's so exhausting taking them anywhere where they can't ride around strapped into the stroller or a shopping cart!

The boys napped a little under an hour on the way home--they didn't nap much at all today.  They went to bed at around 6:30, normal time, and weren't too fussy this afternoon once we got home.  So I hope they sleep ok tonight...

Happy Father's Day, Carlos!!  Thank you for being a great dad to our boys!
Happy Father's Day, Dad!!  Thank you for being a great dad to me and an awesome "grumpy" to my boys!!

No comments: