Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beer Brewing Supplies

I'm so excited!  I've been saving my birthday and Christmas money for the past two years (no kidding) for something I really want.  It took me a while to figure out what it was!  I'm going to do two things:

1. Replace the strings on my old guitar and have it tuned so I can try my hand at some online lessons I found here:  http://www.justinguitar.com/index.php

2. Buy used beer brewing gear on Craigslist so I can make my own beer in the basement.

Last night I finally bought some stuff on Craigslist and unless the dudes flake on me, all the stuff will be in my possession by tonight.  Then, I'll visit a beer brewing store to fill in any gaps in things I need.

Here's what I'm purchasing:

I am buying only the carboy on the right, with the handle.





Hopefully it all works and I'm not being taken for a ride, but I've done my research and the price is right--even if I have to buy some of the stuff again, it will still be cheaper than buying everything new.

Can't wait to get started!  I'm not sure what kind of beer I'll brew first.  I do know that eventually I want to brew a jalapeño beer...I've seen kits for it available online!

http://brooklynbrewshop.com/beer-making-kits/jalapeno-saison


No comments: