Friday, June 15, 2012

We love our daycare! And it's a huge relief!

Week 2 of full time daycare is over, and I must admit it has gone so much better than I even could have hoped.  And, I hate to admit it, but in addition to my boys' flexibility, adaptability, and good nature, I owe a lot to Carlos's good sense of humor.  He's completely charmed every woman that works at the daycare!!

I do drop off in the morning and don't have a ton of time to sit and chat with the ladies.  It's mostly business: how they slept the night before, food instructions, and stuff like that.  But Carlos picks up, and he sits and talks with them all while playing with the boys for a while.  The teachers even look in to the infant room from the other rooms to talk to him!  The owner leaves her office and comes to hang out with him.  It's so funny!  Sometimes, I can see this all go down on the daycare cameras.  It's really too much.  One day they took a picture of him lying on the floor with the boys in the car seats behind him.  You can actually see a sliver of his big belly showing.  Well, for whatever reason the ladies there LOVED the picture and found it hysterically funny.  They actually blew it up to 8x10 and put a heart border around it and stuck it on their front door.  Sonia, the owner, says that every single parent coming in has commented about it.  And good comments too apparently.  Other parents now want their picture on the door.

For father's day the daycare gave each dad a really nice gift.  They took the cutest pictures of the boys in a "tuxedo."  They got some really nice shots!  Then, they mounted the photo on a paper and put their footprints.  It's in a frame too!  And, because we have 2 boys, we got 2 frames/photos!  Carlos was beside himself.  He kissed every teacher in the place before we left today.  (Sorry, Marcy!)  He's going to put the pictures on his desk at work.  It was a nice touch.

I actually went to see the daycare center at Milton to put down a deposit and get on their waiting list.  I didn't really like it...I went in prepared to love it (I've heard great things) and had my check book and everything.  I couldn't pull the trigger....They would be almost 2 by the time they'd go there anyway because the waiting list is a year long, but it just didn't look as clean or as well kept as where they are now.  The place is really really growing on me.  I like it a lot.  I feel a lot of peace of mind when I drop them off there and go to work.  And that is a great thing!!  We've already met a lot of the other parents too.  And the boys play with Keith, Giordanni, and Olivia....Adrian especially plays with Olivia!  ;)

The only downside is that Sebastian has picked up a somewhat nasty cold.  No fever (knock on wood), but he's so congested and has a nasty cough because of it.  He didn't sleep well there today because of the cold.  But he went right to bed just now.  Hopefully he'll sleep through the night even with the congestion because he needs a good night's sleep.  The only upside to this is that at least they are adapting to daycare germs in the summer and not in the height of flu season.  And I know teaching did wonders for my immune system so hopefully they will develop strong immune systems of their own!

Finally, I've decided to dedicate more time to the photos on the blog.  First, I'll TRY to use our good camera instead of my iphone.  But at the very least, I'll try to take some time to edit the photos before putting them up.  I NEVER edit and it would make the photos so much better....I guess I'm lucky I blog at all though with 6 month old twins.  But this is my goal!




No comments: