Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March Madness

Nope--I don't follow NCAA basketball, but this has been a crazy month at home.  Lots to do, more ear infections....good thing I have been on vacation to handle it all.  Monday I took the boys back to the pediatrician--yes, they had ANOTHER ear infection (or the same one never cleared up entirely).  So more antibiotics (Cefdinir, which does NOT agree with their little bellies), and more restlessness and fussiness.  Poor things.  To top it all off, I'm now pretty concerned about their speech delay.  Adrian says mama all the time, but nothing else.  Sebastian says nothing.  Both babble a ton and can follow instructions, but they aren't very expressive in terms of actual words.  Luckily, the tubes will be in soon and they have their yearly re-eval for Early Intervention a few weeks after the tubes.  I am thinking they will qualify for services again this year because of the speech delay.  In some ways, I certainly hope they don't qualify, and they were on target at 9 months when they had a mini-eval when we switched providers after the move.  Then they had all these ear infections and slowed down...so I am hoping and praying that any delay is due to hearing loss from the ear infections and that they will catch up quickly once they have the tubes.  In any event, if they DO qualify, at least I know someone will really be monitoring their progress to make sure they don't fall even more behind with their speech.  I feel so bad for those little guys, and I wish I had pushed the pediatrician sooner.  I don't think he would have even mentioned tubes if I hadn't finally pushed for it.  I want to go back to Pediatric Associates of Wellesley if the tubes work and we aren't making weekly visits to the doctor.  They were just a larger practice and much more responsive because of the resources.  It was just far to drive to Weston/Wellesley once we moved.

Other than the tubes and ear infections, I've been busy cleaning and organizing around the house.  First off, we finally went to my Nana's to get all the rest of our stuff.  After renting a U-Haul (again), this time from a place that reminded me of the movie Deliverance (yikes), we finally have ALL of our crap in one place again.  And it made me realize more than ever we have too much crap.  I mean, if you can live without it for 6 months, you probably don't need it....I'm going to get rid of a lot of stuff.  And I already got rid of carloads of crap before we moved.  Yard sale soon!!!!

This is the guest bedroom now.  Still need to paint and hang stuff on the walls.




I finally unpacked a lot of boxes that had knick-knacks, stuff for the espresso and booze bars, carnival glass, etc.  I put stuff in the hutch.  Not sure I like the hutch and all the Mexican stuff anymore, especially in the living room.  But for now, that's where it's going.


I bought a cool 1960s buffet for behind the couch that will also hold stemware, booze, and other things to make sure that no guest is without a beverage in hand.  I will post pictures of it as soon as we move it into the living room.  I'm basically in love with this piece that I found at the Salvation Army.  It really only needs a good wipe-down.


In the basement, I still have to get rid of the exersaucers, but I got rid of all the storage containers and finished straightening and unpacking stuff.


And now, pictures of my boys.  I finally got around to finishing the frames with monthly pictures of the boys.  I wish I had been more systematic about taking pictures of them so that they would look more consistent in the frame.  But I wasn't and so I did the best I could.

Adrian

Sebastian

The boys do a ton of art at daycare.  I love it because I'm so not creative.  I wouldn't know where to start with art projects.  I guess I'd read up on it?!!  Anyway, how cute are they?!?!
Sebastian


Poor Adrian looks dazed and confused.  
 The boys are mesmerized by the vacuum...



When the boys first went into the toddler room, the teachers gave us this poster (front and back)


That's grilled cheese (albeit a burnt one) they are eating, not a brownie!

I don't even remember why he was crying.  What a face!


Sebastian like to climb in the container with all the balls 

My mom's had some major scores at the dump lately!  :)  The boys LOVE their wagon and car, and we have a swing to hang up now, too.
Mom, I hope you weren't short a few dollars after our walk....




Turns out, the boys LOVED Grandpa's corned beef!  They kept eating Papi's potatoes!

Adrian pre-second haircut

Adrian after haircut

Sebastian.  Their hair was actually really flat here because they had hats on their heads at daycare (they were playing outdoors).  This morning, they had their curls back again--just shorter now!  






No comments: