Sunday, November 17, 2013

Happy Birthday, Carlos!

THIRTY SEVEN.  Holy oldness!!  My husband is almost middle aged!  We had a good weekend celebrating.

The weekend didn't start off so fun for me.  I had chaperone duty Friday night at work.  Good times!  I was home at 11:30pm, which is way past my bedtime these days.  Then, when I finally was in bed, I wasn't tired anymore because I had gotten a second wind.  So Friday night's sleep was pretty much a bust.  Saturday, we ran some errands and had music class.  We only have one more class in the fall session, then we're off until after Christmas.  After music, we all went home and ate lunch.  Then I went to Boston to my friend Kelly's baby shower.  I got to see her and Charlie and another former colleague from Harvard as well.  So nice to see them both!

After the baby shower, we put the boys to bed and my dad came over to babysit so we could go out to dinner at El Mariachi for Carlos's birthday.  Grumpy arrived just as I was finishing reading to the boys.  They were both snuggled on my lap, but as soon as he came in, they ditched me and went straight for him.



The food at El Mariachi was excellent.  There were 14 of us, plus 3 kids.  We took up most of one room.  It was a good time!




Sunday, we had a lazy morning.  We went to "Mini's House" (my mom's house) because Sebastian woke up asking to go visit her.  We finally gave in and drove over there!
After a quick visit (but one long enough for them to destroy her house), we went home.  Then I did some raking and yard work.  I started to cut down the Burning Bushes that are along the street.  They are just too big and out of control right now.  Then Carlos and I continued with the yard work while the boys were napping.  We didn't even come close to finishing, but man are we tired!  My arms are so sore!  I was supposed to try to get some work done tonight, but I'm probably going to be in bed by nine!  I can't keep my eyes open.

After nap time we went to BJs to pick up a few things.  Then Grumpy came over to see the boys.  Adrian pulled up a chair and went to sit next to him.


The boys played with their best friends, their Ernest dolls and "Juice" all weekend.




My boys are so weird!  I don't know what they see in Juice or Ernest, but they LOVE them!

No comments: