Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Photo with Santa

I had a shitty day today from the moment I woke up, so instead of reading student college essays like I should be, I'm giving myself the night off.  I'm going to blog and then read a magazine and see if I can relax and get myself back in the holiday spirit.  Because it has most certainly been sucked out of me in the past few days.  That's all I'll say about that.

Sunday we took a trip to the Bass Pro Shop at Patriot Place.  I had dressed the boys in their Patriots gear that morning, simply because the Patriots were playing; I didn't know we'd be going to Patriot Place.

 Cool dude Adrian was so proud of himself for putting on his own glasses.

With is sunglasses and "Tom Bay-dee" shirt, he thought he was one hot shit.  (I'm not going to watch my language in this post today, either.  I've earned the right to swear for a bit.)



We thought the Bass Pro Shop opened at 10am on a Sunday, and we were going to make a stop at Trader Joe's first.  But when we arrived, the Pro Shop had just opened, so we went there first.  We were greeted as soon as we went in by a woman handing out tickets for a free picture with Santa.  We were given a 10am time slot.  So we figured why not?  We went around the store first.  We all love that place...it's a lot of fun to walk around and look at the displays, animals, gear, etc.  And, it was decorated really nicely for Christmas.










While we waited to see Santa, the boys sat and watched a Lionel "choo-choo" go around and around in circles.  It kept them entertained and sitting in the stroller for a good 20 minutes!

 When it was the boys' turn, Sebastian ran to Santa...Adrian was a bit more cautious.  And of course Adrian made a fuss and didn't want to sit with Santa.  This was the best we could do.  But actually, it's typical of the boys--this photo says it all!  It's a lousy copy because I just took a picture of the photo with my phone.


After Santa we spent about 2 minutes at the aquarium looking at the fish.  But then the boys started running around the store and we had to leave.


Sunday afternoon we were supposed to go to Christmas on the Common in Bridgewater, but it was pouring rain when we got there.  It wasn't much fun at all to get soaked, so we got in the car and went to my mom's for dinner.  My brother, Jen, and James met us there and my mom had pulled pork sandwiches and salad for us.  Then we had red velvet cake for Jen's birthday.  It was all yummy!




Sebastian wants to kiss James all the time.  James is a good sport about it.




And finally, some pictures of the house from outside with the Christmas candles and tree.  I wish we didn't still have the astroturf on the steps, but it's not as easy to get rid of as we thought.  The concrete  under it is ruined and covered in glue.  The steps probably need to be redone, or at least resurfaced.  Yuck.





No comments: