Sunday, December 8, 2013

Weekend Fun with "Mini" and "Crappy"

The boys are talking so much lately.  It's interesting to listen to them--you never know what will come out of their mouths.  My brother and I have called my mom "Mugie" for a while now, since high school probably.  The boys can't say "mugie" and it became "Mini."  And Grandpa is "Grampy" or "Grumpy," and they can't say "grumpy" perfectly--instead it comes out "gumpy" or "crappy."  It's common to hear them yelling, "Mini house!!" or "Crappy house!!" because they want to go to their houses all the time, every day. 

Mini came over to our house Friday night.  Here she is reading to the boys.  



Saturday we ended up in Hull.  We wanted to go thrifting at Wellspring in Hull and after going there (and scoring a really cool talking, light-up fire engine and a Percy engine for only $2 and a few books for only $1.75) we met my dad at the Old Ship Church in Hingham to go to a fair.  The boys enjoyed walking the wall, just as I used to do with my dad when I was a kid.




 When we got home, we took a walk around the neighborhood.  Nana, the boys love their hats that you made them!  And they match perfectly with their winter coats!


I told Sebastian to say hit to Nana--this is him waving!



Sebastian didn't want to put down his new Percy train so it came with us for the walk.  He stored it inside the Home Depot truck.








We finally turned the car seats around.  I hated to do it, but they get so angry when they ride in the car now.  They hate being backwards.  They were so much happier riding this way.  And I love being able to see them easier.
They have so much more room and it's easier for one of us to get in the van to ride between them now, too.




No comments: