Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Baptism!

On July 8, Adrian and Sebastian were baptized.  It was a great day all around--we enjoyed it immensely!

Carlos's sister Carla was the godmother, and my brother Jim was the godfather.  Carla is extremely talented at crafting things for parties and events, so she went all out for my boys!  She made talavera crosses (both big and small),




an album for guests to sign,






and prayer bookmarks with keychains.



My mother-in-law brought a ton of Cuban cigars.  There were also hand-painted talavera style crosses as favors.


The baptism was at St. Paul's in Harvard Square.  This was the only church I found that would do a private baptism.  It seems they are all mass (as in a lot of people, not the service) baptisms these days.  We really wanted it to be just our family and friends.  The priest was a friend of a friend.  He married my friend Kelly and baptized pretty much all of her nieces and nephews.  He was a bit scatterbrained and he was training a new priest during the baptism (that was unexpected), but it was fine.  He gave the boys two stuffed horses when it was over!





Waiting for the priest before the ceremony


Sandwich!  Adrian is the meat!

It was so hot in the church!  Both boys enjoyed the water on their heads!  I think Michelle's advice about bathing the boys and wetting their heads/faces also made a difference!  They are used to water in their faces!



 




Father Salzmann, Carla and Sebastian, Carlos, Amy and Adrian, Father Tom


My mother-in-law Señora Gloria with Sebastian, my mom with Adrian, and my dad


Carla with Sebastian and Jim with Adrian


With our NICU nurses!  Carlos, Marcy and Adrian, Judy and Sebastian, and Amy

Carlos, Luis and Isabella, Carla and Adrian, Uncle Jaime, Karen, Athina, Natalia, Señora Gloria, Arely, Amy and Sebastian, Brenda, and Don Carlos
Take two!!


After the baptism, we headed to Margarita's in Waltham on the Charles River for the party.  We had the outdoor patio space.  It had a great view of the river and was a nice space.  But it was HOT.  

I have pictures from Athina from the party, but for some reason they didn't get on the CD she left me.  I only have hard copies.  I'll have to ask someone to scan them for me so I can put them on the blog.  So they will be coming!!

It was so nice to see everyone!  I couldn't help but think back to the baby shower at the beginning of October just 2 weeks before my water broke and I ended up in the hospital.  I am so grateful that the outcome was what it was and that I could celebrate the boys with everyone in our lives that is close to us.  I am incredibly blessed to have such amazing family and friends.  Thank you to all of you who came and shared in the day with us.  We love you all!














No comments: