Saturday, December 8, 2012

A week full of firsts

Most importantly, Sebastian took his first steps yesterday, 12/7/12....Both Carlos and I (and Adrian) were there to witness the moment, so that was nice.  It wasn't much, but he teetered for a moment standing on his own and then took 3 or 4 baby steps.  We clapped for him and he was so darn proud of himself!!!  The nicest part of all is that he did it again last night and this morning.  So he's definitely on the right track.

Adrian is getting there...he stands on his own now as well, and he is starting to cruise around the play area more.  His balance is actually pretty good--I think he'll walk soon, too.  He is actually repeating sounds now.  When I say "mama" he says "mama" back.  I'm still not convinced he calls me mama, but he will say it to me when I say it first.  And he says it when he's crawling on me without prompting, but it's still not clear to me whether it's intentional or not.

The boys now give high-fives and they also wave; Sebastian is more interested in waving, and Adrian gives better high-fives.  Yesterday when I went to pick the boys up at the daycare, they saw me through the glass.  Sebastian waved at me--without prompting!  Then he crawled to the door and peeked at me through the glass.  I loved it...

Today the boys had their first haircut with Maria, a lady I have known and who has cut my mom's hair and my hair (although I go to her colleague right now because Maria doesn't usually work weekends--the only time I can cut my hair) since I was in 6th grade (or maybe earlier?).  She agreed to come in and work today just to cut the boys' hair.  So nice of her!

We decided to start with Adrian, since he's the "big brother."  As expected, he was pretty good about it!





Cutting us off the first lock to save...





I love this one...I captured a moment of Carlos trying so hard to keep Adrian entertained!



All done!

Sebastian was good at first, but got fidgety as she was trying to finish up his hair.  All-in-all, they were both pretty good, though!

Sebastian's turn










This is my favorite photo of the day.  Sebastian is such a flirt, and I love the look on Maria's face, too.
Overall, it's been a productive week!!

No comments: