Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

Well, the day started off well.  I had today off, and the boys went to daycare so that I could get some stuff done around the house.

I cleaned, did laundry, took care of financial business and emails, raked and picked up sticks in the backyard, put down fertilizer, and then swept the screened-in porch and put out the patio furniture.  I went off to Market Basket and to get the boys.  I was at Kindercare when I noticed I had a missed call and voicemail from my in-laws in Mexico.  The message said that they were worried about us after what happened in Boston...?  I went to the AP app on my phone...and there was the news about the explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line.

It's all absolutely sickening.  I'm just learning now that one of the two dead was an 8-year-old boy.  It brings butterflies to my stomach and chills down my spine.  Sick sick sick.

To counter this feeling of disgust, anger, and disbelief (and to not make another post) here are some pictures of the boys.  Just like after Newtown, can't help but want to hold them tighter tonight.


Flamingo leg


Papi tied Monkey up in knots and Sebastian got pissed.



No comments: