Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy Days Are Here Again!

Last night, after the boys were in bed, my mom came over to the house again and babysat the boys while we went to El Mariachi, a Mexican restaurant just down the road from us in Easton.  It was so nice to get out--even briefly--and have a beer and some really decent Mexican food.  We were home by 7:30 (I think) and in bed by 8:30 we were so tired from the day's events!!!!!!

This morning we met my mom at Brianna's for breakfast.  The boys enjoyed their pumpernickel toast and scrambled eggs with cheese but were fussier than usual--maybe because I didn't bring their sippy cups or any toys because Carlos was rushing me out of the house.  After, we went to Lowe's so the boys could drive their racecar shopping cart and we could get some white paint to start painting the ceilings in the house.  We also needed a new smoke detector.  I love spending money on ceiling paint and smoke detectors...

Then we went to Target to try to find bike helmets for the boys.  We recently found a really high quality bike trailer for the boys on Craigslist (my first Craigslist purchase ever) and can't wait to use it.  Carlos couldn't resist buying each boy a big ball for the backyard.  The rest of the time in Target was diffcult as they basically couldn't hold on to the balls but refused to put them down.


Adrian didn't want to stay seated--he kept turning around to see his ball!


We found bike helmets--success!

Clap clap clap!  Adios amigos!

Carlos went to an Isis Parenting Toddler CPR/First Aid class today in Arlington.  We'd paid for it months ago and it got rescheduled because of the blizzard.  I stayed with the boys and figured he'd pass on any worthwhile info and I'd do my own reading.  I had a great day with the boys.  They were cheery all day again for me, and had a blast playing with their toys.  They were much less fussy in general than they have been lately--even before bed, when they are usually not at their best.  The icing on the cake was that at dinner time, BOTH boys ate off their spoons.  There was still a mess, but Sebastian did a lot less eating off his hand and actually showed me he knows what to do with a utensil in his hand other than throw it or bang it on the tray!  Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM39KF1PV3Q&feature=youtu.be


And some photos of my new, happy, content, smiley boys!










No comments: