Monday, April 1, 2013

My New Love

This entire post is about my thrift store buffet find.  I am in love with this piece of furniture.  It may just be my favorite thing in the house.  And even though I already have a bar in the living room, this is the perfect supplement to store booze bottles and wine glasses that won't fit in the other, smaller, bar.  Plus, I wanted a table or something to put behind the couch.  This is perfect...It's in good shape: solid wood, good finish, not much damage at all.  I plan on buffing it up with some products I read about on Young House Love, though, just to make sure it shines in all its former mid-century glory.  Will post before and after pictures later.

In the meantime, here it is.  I haven't hung the shelves over the bar yet, so the stuff on top of the bar is just clutter until the shelves are up.  I don't plan on putting much on top of the buffet so that the piece itself stands out.  I love it!







The drawer dividers came with it! 


The view from where the buffet is.  We still need to hand that darn starburst thingy.



No comments: