Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Ahhhh, Labor Day Weekend.  The weather this year wasn't so hot for the last weekend of summer.  Bummer.  It was downright soupy outside.  And raining and flooding one minute with the sun peeking out the next.  But the sun didn't hang around long.

We still managed to have a great, busy weekend though.  On Saturday morning, we hung out inside because the weather was lousy.  The boys entertained themselves watching videos of their cousins in Mexico.  They love watching their cousins sing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" in Spanish.  Curiously enough, they hate the English version (or maybe it's my singing they hate...)!


Then the boys "fixed" everything they could get their hands on with their tools.



Then we went in the car.  Sebastian had to bring Baby, Monkey, and a bunny.  He could barely carry them all!


We hit a yard sale in a rich area of Easton.  Score!!  Got this Diego car for $2. They are really too big for it, but they LOVED it, and the price was right.  I can resell it later for the same price or more, I think.

This Dirt Devil vacuum was $1.  They pushed it all around the driveway while I was looking.  I also got a huge load of clothes.  I've never bought clothing from a yard sale before.  But since these were some high class dudes at this house, I didn't mind.  It was NICE stuff--good brands and good quality.  And everything was $.10 or $.25!  So I bought stuff they won't wear for like 5 years just because it was so cheap and so nice.  I scored 4 pairs of Crocs in larger sizes for $2 each.  They loved their Crocs this summer, and boy did they come in handy for splash pads and the beach.

In the afternoon, we had Anne and Brad's wedding at Nick and Lorna's house.  It was a great wedding!  So much fun, and so well planned and executed.  I was very impressed.  The boys had a great time running around, but they were a pain for me and Carlos because they didn't nap much at all and were still tired and fussy from a long week back at daycare.




Adrian is back to being a super flirt again.  He had fun with his new girlfriend Caroline in the sand by the horseshoes.



Sunday morning, Mugie came over to visit.  While we were waiting for her, the monkeys watched Sebastian eat his pancakes.

Mugie read Brown Bear to the boys.

In the afternoon, we went in search of a birthday present for Thomas, whose birthday party was Monday.  I ordered the bulk of his present online, but it didn't arrive in time.  Plus, I wanted something else for him anyway.  No luck.  After, we pulled out the water table for the boys--it was so darn muggy, they loved the refreshing water!








Today, Monday, this was the scene outside my window when I woke up.  Torrential rain and street flooding.  Gross.

The boys and I took some selfies.  Carlos was occupied with the electrician Jose the whole day.  More about that in another post for another day.




 After naps we went to Thomas's party.  We arrived just in time for the piñata.


Adrian flirted with his girlfriend Caroline again.  He tried to give her a kiss--he puckered up and everything, but she refused him.  Good girl, Caroline.

After the party, Sebastian did some vacuuming with his "'cuum."  What flair!  And with a book in his other hand!

And while Sebastian was earning his keep, Adrian donned his shades and rode off into the sunset looking for chicks.  The kid got his mojo back lately.  He's all about the chicks again suddenly! ;-)

After the boys were in bed, Carlos and I cleaned up from the electrician and the weekend.  Then, I sanitized some stuff and boiled 5 gallons of water for beer brewing.  I'm FINALLY planning on starting the process on Thursday.  I have the day off from Milton and the boys can go to daycare.  So I'm going to get on the stick and get that going because it won't be ready for weeks.  Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas!?!??!

No comments: