Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mama Ball!

Turns out the boys love football!!!  Particularly Sebastian...

Last Sunday was the season opener, and I didn't expect the boys would watch football at all.  I can't even get them to watch cartoons.  Let me rephrase that.  I don't WANT them to watch TV, but I am curious as to when they will actually be interested in something like a movie.  I have to admit it would come in handy in the car (once they are forward facing in their car seats) or in a plane!  Anyway, they were mesmerized by football!  Sebastian called it "mama ball" because I was watching, I guess?

I watched a bit of the US Open with Adrian on Saturday, and he liked that too!  He kept yelling "ball" and pointing.  But they seemed to like football better, which is fine by me.  I think Adrian liked the nachos more than the football, though.






After we tired of football (or the boys did...) last Sunday we went to the festival at the War Memorial Park in West Bridgewater.  It was no big deal, but we saw a mariachi band play!


When we got home, we let the boys play at the water table.
 

Last week was a long, hectic week at work.  I love the students I'm working with, but I was exhausted every night when I came home and then STILL had to work at night quite late.  I can't wait until I have all my letters written!

Today we went to the playground and let the boys blow off steam/burn energy.  They were trapped inside all day yesterday at daycare because of the weather, and I think they were feeling cooped up.  They love this playground more and more every time we go.  I remember the first time we went, it was like they didn't even know what to do!

Sebastian is still a bit unsure of the swings.







Adrian, on the other hand, can't get enough!  Although for some reason he doesn't look very happy in these pictures!





Doesn't Sebastian look like such a big boy in this picture????  Today he put his spider man hat on himself, adjusted it, and then tapped the brim with his hand--as if to say "there!"  It was so cute!

Finally two random pictures:

The letter the daycare sent home to parents to announce that we stole Natalie, the toddler room teacher. ;-)  I feel really good about hiring her.  Not so much about poaching her, but such is life.



And then there's this.  It leaves me speechless.  And not necessarily for good reasons. :-)


No comments: