Monday, November 14, 2011

31 week mark!

Today we hit the 31 week mark.  Another goal met.  Thank God.

I also had a measurement ultrasound.  It turns out the babies are back to being very small for their gestational age again.  Baby One weighs 3 lbs 3 oz, and Baby Two weighs 3 lbs 1 oz.  That puts them at 11th percentile and 6th percentile, respectively.  However, they are growing, and are significantly larger than when I came to the hospital at 26 weeks and 6 days.  Furthermore, the blood flow through the umbilical cords is fine.  So I'll take it.  There are babies born at much smaller weights than these are right now.  Next goal: 32 weeks.  It would make me SO HAPPY to make it to that mark...from there, for some reason, it seems like just a small jump to our ultimate goal of 34 weeks.

Today I had a visit from one of my mom's college friends.  Despite hearing all about her for the past few years, I had never met her.  Yet she took the time to drive up to Boston from the Cape to visit me.  She brought the most gorgeous, original arrangement of flowers.  I absolutely love them.  Here's a photo taken with Carlos's new iphone.


He got "creative" with the photo angle, since it's taken from above.  But at least you can see the colors and variety.  Love them!!

I've had a steady stream of visitors since day one from family, close family friends, colleagues, and like today, people who I've never even met before.  They have all come with food, chocolate, books, sudoku, and stories to keep me occupied.  The thoughtfulness and attention to detail to try to make me happy has truly been touching.  I have come to realize that when I get out of the hospital, I need to pay it forward and be equally (if not even more) thoughtful when friends and acquaintances of mine are in need.  I will make a conscious effort to come through for people the way people have for me.  I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that I can count on when in need.

No comments: