Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More of the same...

Only when you're on bed rest is more of the same a good thing.  The past 2 days have been relatively quiet, although not without their little adventures.

Monday I was due for an ultrasound.  I have scheduled ultrasounds 2x a week, Mondays and Thursdays.  If the babies do not pass the NST, then I have an unscheduled ultrasound.  Anyway, on Monday, Adrian didn't want to do his practice breathing.  Babies don't do practice breathing constantly.  It's more of a sporadic performance that the doctors hope to catch during an ultrasound as part of the Biophysical Profile.  In fact, they are supposed to watch the babies for a half an hour to give them a chance to breathe. We probably waited close to a half an hour, and Adrian just wasn't doing it.  Everything else was fine, but not practice breathing.  This meant getting sent to the labor floor for more fetal monitoring (NST) and an unexpected ultrasound on Tuesday to see if he'd breathe then.

Carlos was feeling better after his surgery, so he made the trip to the hospital to be with me for the ultrasound on Tuesday.  Luckily, both babies decided to behave/cooperate and breathe!

Last night was a relatively quiet night in terms of contractions.  I was able to sleep most of the night, although I still wake up every few hours to go to the bathroom!  At about 6:30, the nurses came in to monitor the babies and I went to the bathroom.  Damn.  I had a tiny bit of pink spotting.  This is the second time I've had a bit of pink.  The first time it was heavier and they sent me down to the labor floor because I was also having contractions.  This time, they just did an NST in my room.  The babies looked fine, so they didn't send me down to the labor floor.  Phew!

I really wish I were at home putting up Christmas decorations and doing festive things to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I'm thinking by the time I get out of the hospital, I probably won't even bother putting up a tree or the Christmas decorations.  We'll be back and forth to the hospital every day to see the babies, and I'm just not sure I want to spend the time.  But I hate the idea of not doing something to make up for being on bed rest in the hospital for 5+ weeks.  I guess we'll see how I feel. Maybe I'll put up a small tree.

I was watching the Barefoot Contessa the other day (as I do every day 2x a day these days) and it was one of her Thanksgiving specials.  She had Christmas lights strung along her counter tops in and among the glass containers.  It looked very festive and is extremely easy to do.  I definitely want to steal this idea....

No comments: