Monday, November 21, 2011

32 weeks

Another big milestone today.  32 weeks!!!  I feel good about this.  Carlos is absolutely convinced because of a dream that he had that the babies will be born next Sunday, 11/27.  I'm not sure...I'd love to make it that far (or longer), but the nights are so long and filled with painful cramping and contractions, that I'm not sure how much longer my uterus or cervix will hold out!!  11/27 would be almost 33 weeks (one day short), so that would be a lovely goal to make...

My Aunt, nana, and mom brought Carlos to see me for a short while yesterday.  It was so nice to see him finally after his surgery.  It was pretty funny--my 86-year-old Nana brought him into my room in a wheelchair!!!  Too funny!



He looked great--except for his eye.  For some reason a blood vessel burst in his right eye and it's all bloody.  It looks scary!! In fact, it looks scarier than his operation wounds, which don't look like much at all!  They went in through his belly button, so you can barely see anything at all.  It's amazing what they can do these days!  Anyway, they brought in an eye doctor to look at his eye before they sent him home, and hopefully, it will heal quickly. Our good friend Gloria swung by while Carlos and my famly was here.  She brought us the most delicious crepes and soup for lunch....she kept me company for a good while, too.  Carlos and my family had to take off because my aunt wasn't feeling well and we didn't want to tire Carlos out too much anyway.

Last night I literally turned off the light and the contractions fired up.  Once they started, they WOULD NOT GO AWAY.  They had me on an IV for a bit, which helped a little, but the pain returned with a vengeance once the IV was finished.  I basically suffered through the night.  In the AM, they nurse came in to do my NST.  The babies now have to hit the 15x15 mark, not just 10x10.  Baby 2 almost didn't pass, but pulled off 2 nice accelerations at the end.  I had an ultrasound scheduled for today anyway (standing orders for Monday and Thursday), but it's obviously still nice when the babies do what they are supposed to do.  The contractions started to die off a bit after the NST and I managed to sleep from around 8:30/9 until almost noon.  That was really the only good sleep I got....just preparing me for motherhood, I guess...

I just got back from the ultrasound and BPP.  Baby 2 got the max score.  Baby 1 failed to do his practice breathing.  He usually takes forever to do it, but comes through in the end.  Today, he just wasn't having it.  I'm wondering if that means I have to go back down for another ultrasound later or if they'll just make me go tomorrow.  So annoying because we all know he's capable of breathing.  He just decided not to do it when we were looking.

It's looking more and more like Adrian Jonathan will be Baby One's name and Sebastian Diego will be Baby Two. So I'll start referring to them as such.

I'm having a late lunch, and maybe another nap since I can't sleep at night.  But I really need to do some  freelance translation work.  I just can't concentrate on anything serious (or so I tell myself) when I'm having contractions.  Bedrest has become tough for me in this past week.  Not so much because of boredom--I was managing that through a routine.  It's because I'm scared of the nights and don't rest.  It is frustrating!

I can't wait to get home and do some cleaning/nesting!  We're in good shape with the babies' room etc, but there's still a lot to do before they come home!

No comments: