Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This is the first day I've felt sorry for myself.  It's just a sucky time to be trapped in the hospital.

I had a quiet night last night.  Carlos stayed with me, and I like having him here.  It soothes me to know he's right beside me on the pull out couch in case anything happens.  At about 7AM, I started having contractions.  And pink spotting again....

They did the NST this AM and Sebastian kept moving but kicking off the monitor.  He had at least 2 accelerations, but only one showed up on the tracing.  Then, out of a total of maybe 40 minutes that I was on the monitor, he didn't trace for 10-15 minutes of it.  The nurse just couldn't get him to stay on.  The frustrating thing was that I could, but I couldn't really tell the nurse to just let me do it.  But instead of giving him the extra time to try to have an acceleration once we finally got him on the monitors again, the nurse gave him 2 minutes and just turned off the monitors and gave up.  I felt cheated.  And because of this, I now have to go for an ultrasound.  This would all be fine if it weren't THANKSGIVING.  I want to see my family this afternoon.  They are coming to visit and to bring plates of Thanksgiving food.  I don't want to miss it because I'm downstairs.  Or worse yet, if they don't randomly catch the practice breathing, I may end up on the labor floor being monitored where I can't really have visitors.  I'm frustrated and, frankly, fed up.  But it is what it is.  The babies come first.

To change the tone, here are some of the things I'm thankful for this year.

1. 2 little mischievous boys in my belly
2. The almost 6 weeks I've spent in the hospital that bought these guys more time in my belly
3. A wonderful, supportive husband who loves me and the babies
4. A family who is ready to step in and help at a moment's notice when there is a crisis
5. Carlos's fast recovery from the appendectomy
6. Friends who have supported and come to visit me to keep me company while I've been in the hospital
7. A job that has been supportive throughout this ordeal
8. Carlos's job which has also been supportive and which provides our amazing health insurance
9. A better relationship with our neighbors downstairs since a bad relationship ruined the entire fall and Christmas season for me last year
10. My health

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: