Monday, August 13, 2012

8 month milestones

In no particular order...

1. Both boys are sitting like pros.  They went from flopping over on themselves one day, to being able to sit really well the next.  Adrian still goes over backwards from time to time when he loses focus, but Sebastian is solid and a champion sitter.

2.  Adrian is ready to crawl...any second!  He gets on his haunches and rocks back and forth like he's ready to take off...Go Adrian!

3.  Sebastian finally cut a tooth!  This morning I stuck my finger in his mouth and lo and behold!  There was something jagged in his mouth!  A TOOTH!!!  Finally.  Adrian still has smooth gums...

4. The boys finally "talk" back and forth to each other.  Before one would talk and the other would just listen. But now if you put them down to play together, they actually play together, giggle at each other, and touch each other.  They steal each other's toys, too....never a dull moment from here on out.

Adrian and Sebastian Playing 8 Months

5. Adrian suddenly stopped eating solid foods.  It started when he was sick so we thought he wasn't eating because it hurts.  But now that he's better, the eating is hit or miss.  Most of the time he simply refuses.  Although the other night he grabbed the spoon from me and put it in his own mouth.  He sucked it clean and then did it 4 more times when I handed him a spoon with some food on it.  The next day he wouldn't eat again....Now, if I give him the spoon he'll take it and put his hands where the food is.  He loves to get the food all over his hands and then play with it and wipe it everywhere.  After the food is anywhere and everywhere but his mouth, he'll put the spoon in his mouth and suck it clean.  It was funny the first time...

And just as an aside, now that Sebastian's perpetual daycare cold has cleared up, he's a NEW BOY.  He may even be happier and more smiley than Adrian, and that's saying something!  The boy LOVES TO SMILE AND LAUGH!!  This morning when I dropped him off at daycare, I put him down beside a little girl.  Then I tried to say goodbye to him.  He wouldn't turn around to look at me--he was too busy looking at the little girl!  Even Michelle one of the teachers noticed and told me to forget it--he was too busy for me!!!  Boo!  I thought he'd be my mama's boy!

No comments: