Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15th

A year ago today we had our ultrasound to check the babies' anatomy AND to find out the sex.  I still remember my reaction to finding out we were having two boys...excitement and relief!  Yes, it would have been cool to have one of each, but truthfully, I'm happy to have two boys.  Two of the same means spending less on toys and clothing and they can share a room for longer!

My two boys woke up with fevers AGAIN this morning.  I'm stressing out terribly now...first, because they must feel crappy nearly all the time these days and that makes me feel bad.  And second, because I'm not sure what will happen if they keep getting sick every day once I start my new job.  I can't take a sick day every week...Carlos will have to start taking sick days.  He will willingly do this, but really, neither one of us can afford to take the number of sick days we've had to take this August.  It's so weird to me because they were doing fine the first two months.  Sebastian had his perpetual cold and Adrian had a fever once or twice that went away in a few hours, but NOTHING like these past few weeks.  I was talking to a mother of twins that told me hers were born 2 months early just like mine.  Hers started in daycare, but they had to pull them out because they were sick too much.  They ended up with a nanny.  I already thought about a nanny and determined I can't afford it, at least until we have free housing through Milton.  I also really like their daycare.  The Early Intervention lady called me last week and also told me she thought they are really enjoying daycare and doing well there.  I DON'T WANT TO PULL THEM OUT.  So hopefully they will toughen up a little before the winter....

Sebastian cut a tooth the other day!  So finally, between the 2 boys, we have one tooth.  Adrian crawled this morning, but it was only a few little "steps."  But definitely both boys can move themselves around by dragging themselves or rolling.

Last Saturday was the Meditech picnic.  We ended up not really taking any photos because we parked ourselves under the tent and didn't move the whole day.  It was so stinking hot and muggy...



Adrian with Mary Luz
On Sunday, we took the boys out to the local diner for breakfast.  It was the first time we've taken them out to eat at a place with sit-down service.  They did REALLY well with it.  Of course, we didn't take very long, and the place was empty because it was 7AM.  But it is nice to know we have the option now.  I bought the seat that hooks onto the table from someone off the Harvard intranet for $25 bucks.  Was easy to use, and Adrian loved it!  Sebastian sat in the big-boy high chair.

Papi and Adrian

Sebastian






We recently cleared out our third bedroom/front room/guest bedroom to make a playroom for the boys.  We took the bed and furniture in a U-Haul to my nana's house.  She has an empty upstairs in her house so there was plenty of room for our stuff.  Then, we made some switches in their bedroom and bought some toy organizers for the playroom.  We're still working on it, but it's almost there.  I'll post pictures when it's done!  But just in time...these boys have a ton of energy and really need somewhere they can play!

Lexi ALWAYS wants in on the fun!

Sebastian petting Lexi

Very busy boys!


 Finally, some random shots.
Sebastian had a very bad hair day here....this is what happens when you mess with the natural order of his hair swirl!

Adrian









Love this expression!


Deer-in-the-headlights


No comments: