Wednesday, October 23, 2013

And Then He Kissed Me

Those boys of mine are such a riot.  Lately, they crack me up with their huge puckers when they want to give someone a kiss.  Sebastian is more generous with the "besos" than Adrian, but when I'm lucky, I'll get a juicy wet kiss from both boys.  They are very diplomatic, too.  If they kiss me, they have to kiss everyone else in the room as well--for good measure--even each other.  




That's one lousy picture, but it was the only one that captured the pucker on both boys!

Now, on to last weekend's events.  First of all, Saturday afternoon we went to Patriot Place for their Harvest Festival.  It was great.  I got the boys' Halloween costume...no more info on that yet.  It will be a surprise.  Then, we walked around sampling free food.  We heard some live music and scored free pumpkins for the boys (medium sized ones!).  It was festive and fun!


We hit the playground on the way home because it was on the way and the boys had done a lot of sitting.  They deserved a break to stretch their legs and let loose running around!

As usual, Adrian loved the swings.  He even tried the "big boy" swing, which was against my better judgement, but he held on tight and we didn't go very high at all.  Look at the look of joy on his face!




Sunday we went to Methuen to visit Nana Banana.  The boys enjoyed seeing everyone.  The first thing Sebastian did when we took him out of the car was hug and kiss nana.  It was sweet, and I hope it made her day as much as it did mine to see.  Adrian was stingy with his kisses, but I do believe he eventually gave one to Nana.

The boys did a little playing together.  Just as they were getting bored, Auntie Carol and Christian arrived with a box full of cars, books, and puzzles.  They saved the day because it bought us another 45 minutes or so of contented boys in the living room and a peaceful lunch at Wendy's because they had something to do!





There were *four* generations seated around that table, and I feel so blessed that I can say that!  It was a great visit.  Can't wait to take the boys up again.

On a completely unrelated note, I was looking back at the blog entries from a year ago, as I occasionally do to remind myself of past events, and I saw the entry where I described our first visit to this house.  I mentioned that Carlos hated it and that I thought we were "supposed" to buy this place.  I guess I was right!  There is something to be said for intuition.  Now, after about 9 months of living here, I couldn't be happier with the location and the house itself.  We haven't done nearly as many projects as I had hoped, for lack of time and money, but it will come with time.  I'm just so glad to be out of that God-awful condo and living situation.  It feels like another lifetime ago in many ways.  Anyway, I'm glad we are in Easton now, closer to my family, and that we have our own space to enjoy.  It's the small things; every time I unload the dishwasher I think about how I can do it at any hour of the day or night because I don't have to worry about clanging dishes.  I can do laundry early or late if I feel like it because I don't have to worry about someone else's definition of quiet hours.  We don't have to coordinate the shoveling or snowblowing, call someone to move their car so we can get out of the driveway, or ask someone else if we want to plant a push or some flowers.  It gives me such joy to have our own space!  Amen!

No comments: