Friday, October 18, 2013

Columbus Day Weekend

Columbus Day weekend was jam-packed with fun!  And, the weather was pretty decent, too!  Saturday we hung around and did errands.  The boys had their music class, which they now enjoy more, and we hit some yard sales after.  We found some great stuff!  We got a ton of brand new cookie cutters, a 4th of July wreath, and an electric hedge trimmer (which we've been wanting to find) and extension cord all for $13.  At another yard sale, I found a huge, light-up Christmas wreath (a nice one, not tacky) and a funky 60s-style mirror for the house for $15.

Sunday, we had Nick and Lorna, Nicky, and Brad, Anne, and baby Patrick over for brunch.  We finally got to meet Patrick, who is now 3 weeks old, and he's ADORABLE!   He liked me well enough and fell asleep in my arms.  I love holding newborns because it brings back such good memories.

After the boys' naptime, we headed to Hull to have a little cookout with my dad.  My brother and Jen and Baby James went too, which was nice.  I think they find being around us overstimulating and too chaotic because Baby James is still in a quiet, immobile stage and my boys are anything but quiet and immobile!

We took the boys down to the beach for a walk, but it turned out not to be a good idea because they wanted to get IN the water, which was cold, and I hadn't brought extra shoes or clothing.  They were mad at us for not letting them get wet!



Monday morning, we went to Market Basket, as usual, and Carlos let the boys ride the yucky, germy horse outside again.  Gross.  But they love it.







Then we went to Langwater farm, just down the street, for a *free* hayride to their pick-your-own pumpkin patch.  We had to wait a half an hour for the first ride, so while we were hanging out, the boys explored the farmstand and looked at the tractors.




It was a long ride!  About a half hour total.  The boys loved it and kept asking for more every time the driver (who was a woman!) would slow down or stop.





And because the boys are obsessed with pumpkins, ghosts, witches, and scarecrows, Carlos bought a cheapo "man," as the boys call him, at Ocean State.  The boys love coming home to it--they get so excited!  Today the wind blew him over.  I didn't notice, but as we were coming back from a walk, Sebastian started pointing and getting all upset about something.  Turns out he was saying "mah fuh down."  (man fall down)








At dinner, I was so proud of myself.  I made delicious buffalo chicken (not too spicy), kale chips, rice, etc.  But the boys didn't like my chicken or kale chips.  What a bummer!  At least they devoured everything else on the plate!




It was hard to go back to work after such a nice long weekend (which felt even longer because I worked from home last Friday).  Luckily, though, things will start to get a tad easier soon--at least I hope!

No comments: