Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Today felt so anticlimactic!!!  I'm sort of disappointed.  We had a lot of fun leading up to today and then tonight was a bit of a let down.  Let me back up a little.

Last Sunday, we took the boys to Derby Street because they had trick or treating at the stores.  We went last year and it was fun, even though the boys had no idea what was going on and couldn't even walk yet.  I thought it would be great this year.  But the boys were fussy and not all that happy to have their costumes on.  They didn't walk either--they ended up in the stroller because it was so crowded and chaotic.  I didn't get any good pictures because they were being fussy.  Bummer.



They got some candy, stickers, temporary tattoos, and some pictures to color.  It was cute, but not as fun as I'd hoped since they didn't really behave as well as they normally do in public.

Later that day we made Halloween cookies--our family recipe.  The batter is to die for...the cooked cookies are not that special.  The boys got bored of watching and started to fuss, but overall, I'm glad I made them and carried on the family tradition of making them.  Keeping with our theme of bad photography, Carlos took blurry pictures of us.



Work was CRAZY this week.  A bit of a shit show.  Can't wait for it all to be over...I love coming home to my boys.  We read a lot before and after dinner.  On this particular day, Adrian was fascinated with my Harvard magazine.  Too funny.




The boys made candy corn art with Natalie.  She does lots of great art projects with them.  It's awesome because I have no art talent or creativity at all.


I signed the boys up for a free story hour/craft event today at Keeping Pace in West Bridgewater.  Some B-R kids were supposedly running it.  It was open to 10 kids so I signed them up and asked Natalie to bring them.  They had a great time making art and reading.  Apparently the local paper was there (Enterprise?) and they took photos.  So I'll have to keep my eyes out to see if they end up in the paper.



(Just found the article in the Brockton Enterprise, but no picture of Sebastian.  :-(  http://www.enterprisenews.com/features/x1069223161/3-Bridgewater-Raynham-students-work-with-kids-for-Halloween-treat)

Finally, here are the boys tonight before trick or treating.





We could NOT get them to cooperate for a photo of the two of them and definitely not for a photo of the four of us.  My mom came over to help us.  She manned the door while we took the boys around. We only went to two houses because it started to rain really hard.  All Adrian wanted to do was jump around and Sebastian wanted to be held.  So we came home.  Hence my opening--Halloween was anti-climactic this year.  Maybe next year they will get more into it.

No comments: