Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hodgepodge

This month we've had more visitors, which is wonderful.  The babies are on a pretty solid sleeping and eating schedule thanks to our friend Michelle's help, so it's not hard to have people over.  So come visit!  :)


My cousin Christian feeding Sebastian

My Auntie Carol feeding Adrian

Jody and Roberto

We're still trying to figure out Adrian's reflux issues.  I took him last Thursday--my first day alone with the boys--for an "urgent" stomach ultrasound at Children's Hospital in Boston.  I had called the GI doctor to check in about adding Zantac to his Prilosec to help with the reflux.  (We wanted to start with Prilosec and Maalox before we added the Zantac, but unfortunately, those 2 weren't enough and we needed to add the Zantac.  Now that he's on these two meds, I'm only giving the Maalox when I see him in real discomfort.)  When I told them that he's been projectile vomiting after feedings on and off (he doesn't do it every feeding), they wanted a stomach ultrasound to make sure there was nothing else going on.  And, they gave me a same day appointment.  I was kind of freaked out about such a trip on my first day with them alone, but sucked it up.  It all went fine--the ultrasound was completely normal and the trip was a success.  The boys behaved just fine, and I felt much more confident in myself after having completed the outing!

Monday, I took both boys back to Children's in Boston to meet with a nutritionist to make sure Adrian is getting enough calories.  The amount he eats is pretty variable from feeding to feeding, and with the recent vomiting, we wanted to make sure he was getting enough calories.  Thankfully, he is eating just enough and is growing fine according to all the growth charts, etc.  So I felt much better after going.  And, once again, both boys were very cooperative.  It's a chore, though, bringing both car seats up and down our condo stairs!!  Not fun!  But my biceps will be great by summer!

Finally, random pictures for your enjoyment...



This thing is so awesome I want to play with it myself... 

Sebastian (L) and Adrian (R)
I don't know WHERE Adrian got those dimples from, but I LOVE them!




Sebastian


Adrian

Adrian (L) and Sebastian (R)



Adrian

Sebastian

Adrian


1 comment:

Jonah and Aja said...

So cute. Glad you are feeling better about the reflux. Don't worry... most kids grow out of it by 14 or 15, right? Gosh. It's just such a pain when you go to all that work to feel him and then he just gives it back in an unusable form.

Loved all the photos!
-Aja