Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend...one week late

The Saturday of mother's day weekend it was beautiful weather.  In the morning, we made the trip into Boston with the boys to try to go to the March of Dimes walk/event.  We wanted to visit the BWH tent.  Some of the NICU nurses were going to be there and we thought it would just be good to get out with the boys.  However, there was NO PARKING ANYWHERE!  The garages were full....We ended up just leaving without ever getting out of the car.  Carlos wanted ice cream so we went to Belmont center to Ranc's.  Carlos also bought me a Pandora bracelet and two charms in one of the stores there.  It was a really nice present--I'll enjoy collecting meaningful charms to put on it.  After that, we went home so Carlos could cook green mole, rice, and salsa because Saturday night we had another visit from our two favorite NICU nurses, Marcy and Judy.  God, we love those two women.  It makes my entire month when I see them. They are coming to the baptism so hopefully everyone will get to meet them.  We had a lovely evening with them, and I'll miss them every day until we see them again.

Unfortunately, I got pretty drunk off the margaritas that I made for us.  It was the first time I had made this Food Network recipe for margaritas, and they were VERY heavy on the tequila.  I haven't had a margarita in months, and I think I'm also used to the watered-down restaurant versions.  I had one and maybe a few sips of another plus a beer, and I was so drunk I couldn't stand up by the time they left!  I hadn't realized I was so bad until I tried to climb the stairs back into the house after I walked them out.  I collapsed in bed.  Carlos did the 11pm feed by himself and left me alone (thank God), and I STILL felt drunk at 7am when it was time to feed the boys again.  Again, thank God, he saved my butt and fed the boys.  I don't think I've ever woken up feeling as drunk as when I went to sleep.  Anyway, I'm too old for this business.  I'll be staying away from tequila for a while.  And that was how I spent the morning of my first mother's day.  Fun!  Marcy called me a baby...she's right!

No comments: