Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Last Daycare Trial Before the Real Thing...

This was it.  Last trial before the boys will go full day on Friday, June 1.

Today was a mixed bag.  Both boys napped 40 solid minutes there!  That made me hugely happy!!  They told me Adrian was very very good.  Sebastian was "cranky."  That was probably putting it mildly.  He's been a huuuuuge crankypants lately.  It's him teething I think.  It was like one day someone flipped a switch and he became a completely different baby.  I hope his teeth start to come in soon and put him out of some of his misery.  Because he's making us all miserable!

All of a sudden, right on time, the boys starting showing signs that they may be ready to be unswaddled to sleep.  So I eased back into it again.  By last night they were sleeping through the night well with one arm out and the rest of their body loosely swaddled.  Tonight we left both arms out and swaddled their chest tightly.  I'll see how it goes....and I'll wrap their chest progressively looser every night until they aren't in the swaddler anymore.  At that point, I'll just use a sleep sack that doesn't have wings.  I hope that tonight isn't rough.  Last time I tried, they were able to sleep most of the night with both arms out but there was NO WAY to get them back to sleep in the middle of the night when they woke themselves.  I'm hoping that problem no longer exists.  We'll see.  Fingers crossed.

I can't believe I only have one more day with them.  Tomorrow we have an appointment with the new pediatrician.  Hopefully we'll like her.  Then again, the old pediatrician didn't set the bar very high so we're bound to at least like her more than we liked him.

The boys are doing well with their solids.  They've now had bananas, pears, rice cereal, and oat cereal.  They like the bananas the best it seems...They don't like the cereals much at all.  More of it ends up on the bib than in their mouths.  Next up: peas.  Ewww.

No comments: