Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Busy Vacation

The past few days have been busy, busy--just the way I like it when I'm home with the boys.  Otherwise, we all get bored!

Saturday, we had dinner at my dad's with some long-time family friends.  It was great to see everyone!  My brother was also there with Jen and Baby James.  I loved watching James and Sebastian interact.  Sebastian was trying to "teach" him to talk.  They kept going "dadadadada" and "mamamamama" to each other.  Then Sebastian let James touch his face and his hair; we explained to him it's how the baby explores and says hello.  So he kept going up to James and putting his head in front of him so he could touch it.  He also shared his McQueen cars and Mack with James a few times.  Miracle of miracles!  Adrian is basically indifferent to the baby, although I heard him talking about Baby James in his crib Saturday night before he fell asleep!

Here is Sebastian playing with his cars at my dad's house...he has elaborate pretend play going on.  I only understand some of it, but he seems to know what he's doing!
http://youtu.be/52IWVdiE0tY

Sunday we went up to my Auntie Carol's house to see her and Kitchen and play with his legos and toys.  The boys love his Legos, but actually ended up spending most of the time playing with his trucks and cars in the living room on the coffee table.  Baby James was also there again, and he is learning to walk.  He can walk around the coffee table only in one direction without any help.  So he walked around and around and around.  Of course, he can't let go of the table, so every time he came around, Sebastian had to move to let him by.  It was funny how Sebastian would look at Baby James when the baby would groan and grunt at him to get out of the way!





Auntie Carol sent me some cute pictures (better than mine) but for some reason, I can't get them to upload.  I saved them on my computer, but Blogger won't "find" them when I try to upload them to the blog.

Anyway, the boys had a great time with Kitchen.  They have been asking for him ever since.

Monday we all went to breakfast at Stoneforge in Easton.  I want to NOT continue the breakfast out tradition and this is twice in the past 2 weeks or so that we eat crap and spend $ I don't want to spend.  But it was a nice way to kick off vacation.  The boys were AWESOME.  I was proud of their behavior.




 Like father, like son...





 Those boys cleaned their plates!!

After breakfast,  the boys and I went to the Taunton mall to hit up the Pump & Jump.  But when we got there a little after 10, there was NO ONE manning the place!  We waited a minute or two, but it's hard keeping the boys in one place for long so we left to run around the mall.  Then they didn't want to go back to the Pump & Jump.  So that late employee saved me $20.  In the afternoon, we went to Ikea to pick up some curtain rods for the boys' bedroom.  I needed rods and a corner piece since they have corner windows.  Carlos just finished painting their room...pics to follow once I get the curtains up!  The boys were good at Ikea, but they didn't give me a lot of time to look at the rods, etc.  So of course, I got the wrong kind of bracket and also forgot to get clips to hold the curtains up.  I have to clip the curtains (even though they are made to slip a rod through them) or I can't use the corner piece correctly--it would look funny.  So, the boys and I have to go back to Ikea...

After Ikea, the boys "played chalk" in the driveway in the freezing cold.  They love being outdoors--I couldn't get them inside!





 They try to write on EVERY SURFACE with the chalk, including the porch screens, the house foundation, bushes, grass, and occasionally, their shoes and each other.  :-(


 Their markings with the chalk are sort of reminiscent of a horror movie to me...like some sort of alien chicken scratchings.


 Today, we had to go to Target to return some stuff.  After the trip, the boys again "played chalk" which meant dumping the chalk on the ground and kicking it, kicking leaves, and running all over.






In the afternoon, we went to the Sheep Pasture down the street to see the animals, but it was so muddy!!  It was also so cold that we saw only chickens and ONE SHEEP.  Every other animal was hidden away in a barn.  So it was something to do, but not that great.  But man were the boys happy to see those chickens and the sheep!  They talked to them, made noises at them, and blew kisses at them when we left.  They love their "amnimals" as Adrian says.

Adrian is all stuffed up and coming down with a cold.  I blame it on that DAMN Music Together class.  He also only napped 1/2 hour because he did a big poop and woke himself up.  He wasn't much fun this afternoon, poor guy, although better than would be expected given a cold and a lack of a nap.

Not sure what's up for tomorrow yet, but Thursday Carlos is taking a vacation day and we're heading to the Aquarium together!  Hope the boys like it!

Before I end this, here are some other random photos of the boys lately.


Adi has funny hair in these pictures!  He was helping me cook by keeping me company and eating cheese.


The boys are obsessed with vacuums and brooms...they love to "help me" sweep.











No comments: