Saturday, March 8, 2014

Weekend At Last!

Happy weekend!  I was so glad to get home to my boys yesterday!  We had a big disappointment this weekend, though.  Marcy and Juju were supposed to come visit tonight (Saturday), but they had to cancel because they both got sick.  It was a total bummer because we miss them terribly, and we already had to postpone our dinner once because of a snow storm.  Hopefully third time's the charm.  We all love those ladies to death, and the boys actually ask for them, and were excited to show them their toys. (They have seen pictures of themselves with Marcy and Juju from when they were in the NICU.)  

This morning we went for breakfast at Brianna's for the first time in probably over six months.  I don't think we've been since September or something like that.  Anyway, I wanted to celebrate the end of the Whole Life Challenge (by blowing the diet...how sick) and also wanted to see how the boys would behave since it's been so long since they have eaten in public (other than a Dunkin' Donuts).  They were great.  I was so proud of them.  Adrian ate every bit of his breakfast (except the peppers and onions in his homefries): eggs, toast, bacon, and potatoes.  Sebastian ate pretty well, too.  

Then I took the boys to music class while Carlos came home and painted.  I wasn't going to go with them--I was going to as Natalie to take them to class this week--but we ended up being close by and finished with errands as the class was starting.  So I sucked it up and took them.  I HATE HATE HATE that music class.  It's nothing against Music Together.  I just can't stand it.  And I don't think the boys are that into it either.  We have to make it through one more session.  Never again will I go to that crazy business, and I may try to switch their class to mid-week so poor Natalie has to suffer through it and not us (sorry, Natalie!  I can't stand it anymore!)

After music, we went home and had lunch and then Adrian refused to nap.  He just screamed bloody murder for over a half hour.  So finally I just went in and got him.  But of course, he also woke up Sebastian with all his screaming.  It's not going to be a fun 2 weeks of vacation for me if I can't get Adrian to nap.  After naps we got in the car and drove to Plymouth to walk around and take advantage of this beautiful 57 degree weather.  Too bad that as soon as we got to Plymouth the temp dropped to about 47 and the sun went in.  We walked around a bit and looked at the "agua" and the boats and all the dogs walking by, and then we headed back to the car.  The boys walked the whole time, holding our hands.  They were great.  Then, as soon as we got back in the car and drove away, the sun came back out in full force.  Bummer!

Here are some photos from last week.  The boys love to swiffer and sweep.  Man, do they love to "clean"!



Last night, Sebastian discovered that he loves banana dipped in apple sauce.  He couldn't get enough of it.





Adrian tried banana with apple sauce as well, but he didn't like it so much.




This morning, Sebastian watched about 30 seconds of Thomas (I'm not complaining--I don't want them watching too much TV and lately they've lost interest.  Except for when they are in the van watching the movie Cars...).  He spent more time lining up "Mah-Queen," Ernest, Baby, and 'Bastian Ba than he did watching.



On the way to Plymouth, Adrian fielded calls from his many admirers on two different phones.  Occasionally, he talked into both phones at once.  Busy guy.




On the way home, Adrian read my Martha Stewart magazine that came in the mail today.  He seemed to really enjoy it.  Must be a particularly good issue.  He flipped meticulously through it, page by page.



As an aside, look what books I found thrifting this weekend:  



Anyone remember these??????  I totally recognized the second one the minute I saw it.  I used to ADORE this book when we'd get it from the library.  I was thrilled to have re-discovered it.  I didn't remember it existed until I saw it, but I am so happy!  I just hope the boys like witches and Halloween as much as I do...

No comments: