Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What to Do with the Boys' Artwork

So many drawings, paintings, scribbles, so little space!  What to do with all the "art" the boys produce?  Here are some ideas/solutions I've been doing/considering.

1.  Hang on a clothes line.  There are a ton of pictures on Pinterest using Ikea curtain rods or clothes lines.  I have yet to do this, but I think I will put a line or two in the playroom so Natalie can hang their projects up. I don't put a quote on the wall, though.  Not my style. :-)

To hang kids art!

2.  Put them in frames and take them to the office.  Last year I redecorated my office space.  They gave me some money to spruce up the old furniture.  I went to Pier One and bought some nice new cushions, throw pillows, a rug, etc.  Then I needed art.  I didn't want to spend a lot, so I decided to use the boys' artwork.  I actually love these pieces and love the way they look in my office.  I get lots of parents (and occasional students) asking about them.

As always, these pictures SUCK.  But I felt like a loser taking pictures of my office with people around.



3. A gallery wall.  Carlos and I plan on putting on in the hallway that leads to our bedrooms.  We need to pick a paint color for the hall and repaint the ceiling first.  Then I will spray paint nearly all of our picture frames the same color and start hanging my favorite family photos, the boys' art, and other keepsakes on the wall.

I like something like this
{The Classy Woman}: The Modern Guide to Becoming a More Classy Woman: Photo Gallery Wall Inspiration


or this
My photo gallery wall.


4.  Give them away to family members...You're all going to get their artwork for Christmas next year.

5.  Take photos and make various things out of them:
  • an online gallery of art (as already seen on this blog here and here)
  • a fancy coffee table art book (made with coupons from Snapfish or My Publisher)
  • notecards (either glue the picture to the front of a blank card or have printed)
I definitely want to preserve their masterpieces in some way, but not necessarily by keeping all that paper!

No comments: