Friday, January 24, 2014

End of Week Two of WLC

I've decided to help myself out by posting once a week about the Whole Life Challenge and my progress (or lack thereof).  I would like to be able to look back at the end and remember what I was thinking and feeling.  And, if I decide to do future Challenges, documenting my experience could be useful.

Let's get the negative out of the way first so I can end on a positive note!  My major complaints are only two things:  1) It's expensive to eat well in this country and 2) As someone who doesn't really love eating any kind of meat on a regular basis, I'm sick of beef and chicken!  We have made it many different ways, but I just don't like it enough to want to eat it every day, no matter how it's prepared.

Looking forward, I need to start eating more fish and maybe shrimp.  That would add some additional variety.  I just don't like seafood of any kind that much.  BJ's sold Salmon that I LOVED (it was chipotle-something-or-other) but they no longer carry it.  Furthermore, I couldn't eat it anyway because I believe it had some sort of sweetener (honey, maybe?) and breading.  Ok, so I'll eat more fish.  Aside from bacon, I'm not much into pork at all, but I suppose I could try at least one or two recipes to work it into the rotation as well.

On the positive side, I notice my pants fit better.  It's no longer a struggle to close the button!  I haven't been going hungry.  I've tried new recipes.  I realize more than ever what CRAP I have been putting in my body for years and years and, also, what I've been feeding my boys.  I feel good when I do exercise every day, and I'm sleeping better.  I am drinking a ton of water, and I was always dehydrated before.  My body literally seems to be functioning better.  Carlos is also participating, although not as faithfully as I am; I have the benefit of being part of the Milton team.

All-in-all, I'm still very glad I took on this challenge.  I feel good after 2 weeks.  I will admit to being impatient about seeing results.  I think I half expected I'd have lost 30 pounds by now!  Crazy, I know!

No comments: