Wednesday, February 26, 2014

They Don't Stop Talking!

Sebastian

According to Sebastian:
Ernest says, "ewwwww"
Mama says, "I YOU!" (I love you)
Papa says, "quiere" (Papa los quiere)
Grumpy says, "ho, ho, ho"
Santa says, "ho, ho, ho"

Other sayings:
Time out, Murdochs!! (from Ernest Scared Stupid, because the Murdochs are bad boys and Mama says they should be put in a time out)
Pizza Mess (line from Ernest)
Bula Bula Flies (also from Ernest)
Five more monkeys jumping on the bed (he likes to just blurt it out at random moments)
No Mama grito (he tells me "no" when I try to do the Mexican shout and then he does it to show me how)

Lately, Sebastian understands emotions.  He makes:
Mad face (scrunches up brows)
Happy face (does a funny big grin with eyes wide open)
If I put on a sad face, he runs over and says "hug?!" and gives me a big one.

Sebastian loves to be held like a baby so I can do "rockababy" with him (rockabye baby).  Then I change the word "baby" to whatever he tells me.  For example, he says "Ernest" so I sing, "Rockabye Ernest, on the treetop..."  He asks me to sing about, Adi, Mama, Papa, Sebastian, Sebastian Ba, Mini Ba, McQueen, the fan in his bedroom....basically whatever or whoever he can think of in the moment!

Adrian

As soon as I walk in the door every afternoon:  "MAH-ri-a?"  over and over and over and over (he wants to listen to the song on my phone), "Monkey,"  (he likes Preschool Monkey Lunchbox, an iPhone app), or Baby Barn (Peekaboo Barn, another iPhone app).

Lawnmower:  Adi always wants to see Papa's lawnmower in the grarage.  He says hello and goodbye to it every time we go in or out of the garage.  He loves his new book I got for him at Saver's about Larry the Lawnmower.

Sit me?  (Can I sit with you?)

Adrian says almost as much as Sebastian, he's just quieter about it and doesn't expect fanfare when he does something.  He also does the Mexican "grito" but he allows me to do it, unlike Sebastian who shuts me up.  He also knows all the Ernest lines from the movie, and likes Rockababy, too.

Adrian is such a flirt...he loves to make faces at me: either a surprised face or an "I'm cute and I know it" face.  He's so expressive with his body language...more so than Sebastian.  He likes to do "night, night" with me.  He'll lay puppy on my shoulder and then put his head on it to rest.  Or he'll put puppy on the floor (very meticulously) and then lay his head on it.  He's also so neat when he eats.  He likes to wipe his face and his hands to stay clean and he can get almost all of his food off the fork or spoon without making a mess.  (Sebastian, as you can probably guess, is a mess.  He can use a fork and spoon quite well, but does about 50/50 with hands and utensil!)

No comments: