Friday, February 14, 2014

Thrift Store Hauls

Once again last weekend, I came home with an AWESOME haul from the local thrift store.  Man, that place has a great selection of toddler and kids clothes!  I've been to other places, and often they have literally NOTHING.  They must channel kids clothes donations to this particular store?  I don't know but there are always racks and racks of good stuff, and the selection changes frequently.  I have so much fun going hunting!

Last weekend I spent $48 at the Salvation Army and $10 at KPMM and came home with all of the following.  Every single thing is Children's Place, Gymboree, Gap, Levis, Carter's, Oshkosh, LL Bean, Jumping Beans, or Old Navy (the last two being the lowest on the totem pole?).  I also found a selection of books for the boys.  The biggest find of all, however, was this paperback book:  The Pink Motel.



My mom read this when she was little, a pink hardcover edition from the 1960s.  I read the same edition as a kid from the public library and LOVED IT.  I've wanted to own it ever since.  I never found it to buy.  Well, it was on the shelf at the thrift store.  And the weird part is, they have some books, but their book section is nowhere near as good as their toddler clothes section.  Truthfully, they have a lousy selection of books.  But anyway, this was something I wanted.  It's out of print and hard to find even this 1990s paperback edition.  The best part of all is that this Aladdin paperback is worth over $40 on Amazon.  And I probably paid $.50 because everything was half off.  I love treasure hunting!


Here are some snapshots of some of the other stuff I got, all half off.  So prices ranged from $1-2 dollars, no more than that.  Every thing is a separate item, so in other words I didn't repeat any of the items in pictures.  Also, the winter stuff is in larger sizes to fit next year.  The summer stuff will be perfect for this summer.

As always, the pictures are not great and the clothes are freshly laundered but wrinkly.  I wasn't out to take great photos because there were a lot to take!  I just wanted pictures to document my haul because I love this stuff and was proud of myself for finding such nice things.






I have two of these, one for each boy



This was the one item of clothing that was a Walmart brand, I think, but it was cute and is a nice quality.




For Halloween next year.  I found a different Halloween shirt in past thrifting trips, so now I have one for each boy.














No comments: