Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Maria

The boys are in such a cute stage.  They can express themselves, and their feelings, more and more each day.

We have a nice routine when it's just the three of us at night.  Carlos sometimes arrives in time for bedtime and sometimes not--it depends on which office he's working from.  Anyway, if it's just the three of us, the boys are calmer and our dinners are generally successful lately.  One of the sweetest, nicest memories I'll have of the boys at this age is listening to the song "Cupid" by Sam Cooke with the boys before Valentine's Day and "My Maria" by Brooks & Dunn.

I had the song "Cupid" in my head because we have some window clings of cupid for Valentine's Day.  I started having "Cupid, draw back your bow, and let your arrow go" in my head and sang it to them all the time.  One night I put the song on for them from iTunes and they loved it.  They would sing it too ("Cupid.....BOW!" is their rendition) and then they started to dance, too.  Adrian does the horizontal wave with his hands and they do a modified hokey pokey move with their hands in the air over their head.  They really get into it, and I have to put the song on repeat.

Just in the past day or two, they have been obsessed with "My Maria" which I just thought they would like because it's catchy.  Adrian in particular asks NONSTOP for "Mah-ree-ah?"  He likes to hold my phone as the song's playing and look at the picture of the album cover of Brooks & Dunn.  He gets mad if the picture disappears.  They also like to dance to "Maria" but they are less creative in their moves--it's mostly just jumping up and down to this song.

I need Carlos to take a video of them.  It's hard for me because I use the phone to play the music, and when you try to take a video, it shuts down iTunes.  But I hope to post a video of them soon!

Also, just because I'm on the topic of things that the boys do that I love, we took them to the mall on Monday (President's Day--holiday!) to run around before the stores open.  They were so happy to be able to stretch their legs!!  They ran with glee around the mall.  They are good about staying close and waiting when you ask them to.  By the end they were so tuckered out that they walked right with us and held our hands.  They wanted to go up and down every escalator at South Shore Plaza.  So we'd walk, go up the first escalator, go down the next one we saw, go up again at the next one and so on.  We did about a lap and a half around the entire mall that way--maybe two.  I don't know why we don't do this more often.  It's perfect, and I noticed it's full of other parents doing the same thing.



These boys love Disney and we haven't even pushed Mickey Mouse on them at all....gotta save up to take them when they are a little older!









Later, after naps, we went to Home Depot so the boys could drive the car and we could pick out paint for their bedroom.  Carlos wants to tackle the ceiling, trim, and walls over the next few weeks.  I really am glad he's leading the charge.  I'm not patient enough for painting.




 After Home Depot, we went to Mini's house. It was a busy weekend.

No comments: