Monday, February 3, 2014

WLC Week 3

The third week was uneventful, but I'm happy to say that it hasn't really gotten any harder as the weeks go on.  I was inspired for the first week--excited even--and was afraid that the intial rush of doing something new would quickly wear off.  It hasn't really, and I think that is mainly due to the fact that my closest colleagues are also in on this game/competition.  We've been eating and walking together, sharing recipes, and talking about it.  It really does help to keep you motivated.  I would have given up long ago if it weren't for them.

After feeling like I'd lost weight and then gained it back (my pants were looser then tight again all of a sudden), I'm not sure anymore.  Some of my pants feel looser and some feel just the same.  I am still not experiencing the dramatic weightloss I was envisioning after giving up carbs and sweets.  But I do feel pretty good.

I discovered a "cookie" recipe that's pretty good that I'll continue to make even after this challenge is over, and some colleagues have shared recipes that look even more delicious for chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cups.  Can't wait to try them!  One thing is for certain, there are a lot of changes I'm going to try to hang onto.

1. No chocolate or sweets in the afternoon to kill cravings (and boredom).

2. No white flour.  At least at home anyway.  I think I can make exceptions for special treats from time to time, but I'm going to try not to bake with it whenever I can help it.

3.  I'll go easy on the breads and pastas.  I haven't missed either as much as I thought.  But even if I do go back to eating them (and I know I will), I will eat far less.

4.  Eating lots of veggies and drinking lots of water have been easy for me, relatively speaking.  There's no reason NOT to continue with these two things.

And here's a dilemma I have: I'm starting to not mind black coffee.  So now I have to decide if I drink caffeinated stuff, which I gave up while pregnant and haven't really had since, or decaf which employs a yucky chemical process to decaffeinate the bean.  I do think maybe I just have to give up coffee and only drink it once in a while.


No comments: