Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fitbit!!

I won a Fitbit a week ago at our Teacher Appreciation Day festivities.  The parents association puts it on, and I must say, it's a lot of fun.  This year was an Italian theme.  They had all delicious Italian food (that I passed over, except for a white sauce lasagna with mushroom and spinach and a nice compliant salad--it was so worth forfeiting the point to eat that lasagna!) and great prizes we could enter to win.  The top prizes were 5 nights at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica, a walk-on appearance in Ghostbusters 3, a weekend in Vale Colorado...these parents don't mess around with prizes!  While it would be cool to win one of the big prizes, I took the strategy last year and this year of going for something smaller that fewer people would put in for--then my chances of winning would be greater.  It has paid off...last year I won a $50 Visa gift card and this year I won the Fitbit Flex, worth $100.

Given the WLC that I've been doing, the Fitbit was a good thing to win.  It's basically a glorified pedometer, but what I like about it is that you sync it to your iPhone and computer and it keeps track of your steps, calories burned, and even your sleep patterns.  That's the coolest part!

So here's what I see when I log in on my iPhone.  Pretty cool?





No comments: